Hot

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
swen
Hot

Post by swen » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:16 am

Happy 4th everyone. Hard to work on the diablos when its gonna be 102 degrees with a heat index around 110...guess a cooler of barley pop is in order..
Swen

Cory Moffat

Re: Hot

Post by Cory Moffat » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Wow. In BC here it has not been a nice summer so far at all

swen

Post by swen » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:45 pm

What's the weather in bc Cory?

Cory Moffat

Post by Cory Moffat » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:27 pm

It was a nice May things were looking up. Then June came. In June these freak cloud burst kept occurring two and three times a day. The ground is so wet you cant drive on the lawn anywhere.

I live on the edge of a lake. This one cloud bust raised the level of the lake 4 inches. This is not a small lake I am talking about. I have been here for 28 years and I have never seen it before.

From July 1st on there has been no rain but high overcast. Its a Little scary to take parts outside into my shaded area!

I paint outside. Got to be careful if I was to get a little yellow over spay on my Black Model A I would not be happy.

I need some nice weather to do some painting and finish my Ski's. Good thing I am still waiting on some supplies.

Where are you located swen? Has the good weather been consistantly good your way?

Any one else had any freak Weather?

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:16 am

It's certainly hot here in Wisconsin, but I doubt any hotter than many places throughout the US. It's supposed to hit 100 here in Green Bay today and we have had a stretch of hot weather similar to those temps for about the last week. If we get a half dozen days of over 90 during the whole summer, that is more than normal. This year, we have had over a dozen days in the 90's and summer is just getting underway.

We have a signficant amount of industry around this area, so those people working in the mills have a challenge to keep cool. Lots of water at work and when they get home. Today at the mill where I work, we will bring water melon to the employees and get them a break in a cool room whenever possible.

Think Snow! In 4 to 5 months, we could get our sleds out if the devil gives up on the heat wave.
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

swen

Post by swen » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:43 am

I'm about an hour north of the twin cities in Minnesota.. Today it's gonna hit 100 again with 110 heat index :idea: it's starting to get real old! So, you have an old ford ya say.. I'd love to see pics of it! I have a 49 chev 5 window 1/2 ton with an older restoration. It's really a fun truck to cruise to town in. You drive the ford much? Are you into hus
ski's or diablos? Swen..

Cory Moffat

Post by Cory Moffat » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Wow 100 degrees is hot. The heat would get to a person.

I have been so swamped with stuff to do I have not been able to get out in the old 30 Ford Coupe.
Ultimately I am working towards Fathers day next year. I plan on putting a small flat bed trailer behind the model A that looks the right vintage. And on the trailer will be my restored 444. Then enter them in the Fathers Day Show n Shine.

Sure to turn some heads and you never know I may win both classes. But if I don't that's OK.

I have myself a Hus-Ski 444 that my father bought new and I grew up on it. So I am a Hus-Ski guy.
However the Diablo is nice too. Never had the chance to tinker with one :cry:

I will try to attach a picture of the car to this. Thanks for asking! :D

Hey it looks like the weather has finally turned around here Sunny and 75 degrees. Keep my fingers crossed.

How long have you been playing with the Diablos swen you got a picture of your rides?
Attachments
My 1930 Coupe.JPG
My 1930 Coupe.JPG (40.47KiB)Viewed 4876 times

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Oh man Cory, that is a sweet looking coupe! :D
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Cory Moffat

Post by Cory Moffat » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks Bruce.

swen

Post by swen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:04 pm

You got the hus ski your pa bought originally,that's is really cool.. Very nice car! I someday would like a real ol one like that also.. Are they a lot of maintenance? It's only 75 degrees at your place? It was hotter than that at 3:30 this am here! :evil: it's gonna cool down starting tommorrow so that's good. I had shoulder surgery a month ago and I still can't do anything with it so my projects here are really falling behind... I have an all original 502 diablo that I bought from the original owner that's in really great shape and I have a real nice 503 and 3 other 502's that need restoring but run really nice.. They can wait a little longer I'll get to them someday.. Do you get lots of snow where you live? How cold? Where abouts are ya from? I'm gonna try putting a picture on here today. Wish me luck with that :D