Everyone Check In!

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
fap67
Re: Everyone Check In!

Post by fap67 » Tue May 04, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi all, My Hus-skis are put away until fall, then I will take them out and do a little work on them to get them ready for next season. On my 444, I use a GPS to keep track of miles, last winter I recorded 366 miles. Does anybody else keep track of mileage or hours of use? Take care and enjoy the summer.

pete schmidt

Post by pete schmidt » Wed May 05, 2010 7:56 pm

check in i still check site dailey. never know what u may find.

dave

Post by dave » Thu May 06, 2010 5:11 am

Hi all,
it may be the time of year to think of summer but the time will pass fast and before you know it you will be getting
the sled ready again.so don't wait until the last minuite to get them out you want to be ready when the time comes
to go riding instead of wrenching.

have a great summer and thanks for all your help Bruce

Dave Z.

plowman

Post by plowman » Fri May 07, 2010 4:43 am

Good Morning From Downtown Beaverton Ontario
I'm celebrating 2 months at a new job.The hours are kind of rough 5 untill 3:30 am,but at 3:31 a.m., I'm using the company sandblaster to breathe new life into Hus-Ski parts.
If anybody in southern Ontario has spare parts for a Diablo 500 please drop me a line.Kudos to Bruce for running a great website.---------Jim

campbell

Post by campbell » Fri May 07, 2010 6:09 am

Hello All,

I have finished my wish list for parts that I need for my 1968 daiblo rouge 500,Bruce
I will be contacting you, once our canadian dollar goes up again...lol...talk to you soon.
This forum is so great,questions I had regarding restoring my 500 I found on this forum.

Jeff
1968 - 500 Diablo
1964 - 100D Arctic Cat
1972 - Polaris Starfire (Originally sold by my father)
1975 - Polaris Colt x 2 (Originally sold by my father)
1974 - Polaris Custom (Originally sold by my father)

blackdot

Post by blackdot » Fri May 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi everybody! We are expecting 2-4 inches of snow tonight, so I might take a pass across the front yard tonight!!

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:12 pm

We are expecting snow also. You know that old saying...It's not over 'til july.

Rock

Post by Rock » Fri May 07, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi all

We should get some snow here in Kap too on the week-end. I might go for a small ride around the house if there's enough snow. One of my customers down in Hearst was a Hus-ski dealer back in the days. He was saying that he sold only 2 machines. I guess in those days the Hus-ski wasn't popler compare of now. He had that when he left the dealership another guy in Hearst took his place so next week i will try to contact him to see if he has some Hus-ski stuff. Will let you know

Take care

Rock
Hus-ski 200A
65 Snowbug
73 Olympique 300
71 Snow Cruiser
196? Rat Hus-ski

bottomsupduckclub

Post by bottomsupduckclub » Sat May 08, 2010 8:30 am

I know it's a day late, but I figured I'd better let ya'll know were still surviving in Horicon, WI. It's been busy around the house, as Renee & I are trying to fix things & get the yard looking alittle better. Hope all is well with everyone from the site. Bruce, we need to get together sometime & have you get some of the 500's out of my barn. Till next time

:lol: BOTTOMS UP from Horicon, WI :D
69 Diablo "503"
72 Kitty cat
74 JD 295s (1 1/2X)
7? Jdx8
81 Spitfire
80 Liquifire CUSTOM
94 Indy
94 XCR 440

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat May 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Wow you guys. That is quite a response. I think what is really cool is to see how many times a post or picture are looked at in a day, week or month and even though many of you are not writing, you sure are participating by reading and enjoying the forum. Thank you all for responding.

The winner was Kevin W from Cumberland, Wisconsin (Gearhead). I'll be sending Kevin out a Hus Ski Banner to enjoy.

On other topics, Terry asked about the status of the workshop mentioned for possibly August at my shop in Sobieski. Our first invitation out to everyone resulted in only limited response. I'll let the idea dwell for a while longer and then send out a second invitation to those in the immediate area (Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan and Minnesota). For others, I know that is a long way to come, so I won't bother you. However if you are outside the midwest and would be interested, shoot me an email.

One sad note to my many friends here is to mention my father passed away yesterday peacefully at home with my mother at his side. Not looking for any sympathy. But truth be told, none of this hobby would have been possible for me without his influence in my life and his urge to buy a Diablo in 1968 and to let me drive it till I wrecked it many years later.

Ronald Schoblaska 4/10/32 - 5/7/10 God's Speed Dad and I'll miss you.
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX