10/4/09 Fall is here chat

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
10/4/09 Fall is here chat

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:38 pm

Hi all,

Fall is here in Wisconsin. The leaves are at full color in the north and around my area here near Green Bay, things are mostly still green. However, fall and cold weather is just around the corner and I'm getting excited for winter.

My buddy Tom and I have three restorations going on and this is taking up most of our free time. Large parts are almost sandblasted and primed. Hope to be painting in the next few weeks. Then it on to mounds of bogie wheels and other parts.

Been working on a 500 frame and experimenting with reinforcing the front end and sides like the 502/3's were. If you are restoring a 500, let's talk before you get too far on the frame. I'll share some pics when I can.

Seat cover are almost done. Hope to have them in a couple of weeks. A Nacelle Cover mold is being made, so new Nacelle Covers should be available soon too.

That's about it for now. Lot's of new members on the forum lately. Welcome all and join in the conversation if you wish.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

husky pup (Ken)

Re: 10/4/09 Fall is here chat

Post by husky pup (Ken) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:36 pm

Hello, I made a ride down from Laona,WI with my friend Jay to Bruce's nice shop today. After seeing all the red in his shop, it's got my passion back to restore one of my 502's. It's sure nice having a LEADER like Bruce to help keep the passion going for all the diablo people. Bruce is doing some sandblasting and priming for me. Thanks again Bruce for all your help. Ken C.

tweivoda

Post by tweivoda » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:35 am

I went to the Great Southern Minneosta grass drags and swap meet yesterday which is held in Douglas Minnesota, just north of Rochester. There was a huge crowd and the weather was excellent for a snowmobile event. Temps in the low 50s and a cool NW breeze seemed to put folks in the mood for snowmobiling over temps in the 70s. The fact that there was no interference from the Viking and Packers also helped.

There was a very nice collection of antique sleds this year. Missing from the collection was any sign of a Diablo Rouge or a Hus Ski. Well, thats not going to happen next year. With some more help from Bruce and the rest of you there will be a restored 503 taking its rightful place in the history of snowmobiling.

It would be great to have someone display their Hus Ski as well.

Terry,

Rock

Post by Rock » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:19 pm

Hello all

Weather been great in kapuskasing for the past month. But now we have rain. In the past week-end we move to a bigger place but the garage is a bit smaller then the other one. I'm still able to put my 6 machines in it. Can't wait to get my 503 next month.

I was able to check for a 63 Snowbug. If the price is right i might buy it. It's not to far from the 503 i bought so i'm be going down for 2 machines instead of one. Hope that my wife won't kill me :P

I found the owner of the Hus-ski 600 and he sent me the owner ship plus a receipt so now i will register the 600 under my name on Thursday.

All i need is snow

Take care
Rock
Hus-ski 200A
65 Snowbug
73 Olympique 300
71 Snow Cruiser
196? Rat Hus-ski