carburation

A place to ask all your questions about Hus Skis or just a great place to spread a little of that Yellow Pride.
dflower23
carburation

Post by dflower23 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:51 pm

My 444 keeps getting to much fuel and floods out before it starts. I checked the carb diagram in the manual and everything is put together right. Once in awhile it finally starts for a brief moment, then quits with gas spitting out the muffler. Again to much fuel somehow. I even replaced the needle and seat. Running out of ideas and patience. Everything is tight and the motor has good suction.

Barrie2777

Re: carburation

Post by Barrie2777 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:14 pm

You probably have a pool of gas in the clyinder which will only put out the spark and not ignite. Try starting it with the high speed turned all the way in like was suggested in a previous thread. You will have to remove the plug and make sure it is dry by heating it with a propane torch until the electrode is red. Very hot plug so be careful as you replace it!!! Hold the throttle wide open to provide more air and crank it. It will probably smoke a lot and this may take several starts before all the gas is burnt off. I had a 200-A whereby I tipped it on its side to pour the gas out of the muffler.