Transporting sleds across the US/Canada Border

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
Transporting sleds across the US/Canada Border

Post by Go Go Diablo » Wed May 21, 2008 8:33 pm

Does anyone have experience with what it takes to get a vintage snowmobile from the US to Canada?
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

cdnprairie

Re: Transporting sleds across the US/Canada Border

Post by cdnprairie » Mon May 26, 2008 8:26 pm

Hi All,

As Bruce knows, I just jumped through all the hoops to bring my Diablo back. I am in the process of putting something together as a reference and pass it on to Bruce. :shock:

Ken

rustybarnard440

Post by rustybarnard440 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:55 am

I bought an old 200 this summer in NY and brought it across the boarder to Ontario. Here's the process, you need to have the title faxed to the boarder vehicle export office where ever you will be crossing the boarder. They need to have the paper work 72 hours to process. Then when you cross the boarder the US customs will take a look at it. Then have to go pay the GST on the Canadian side.

gorm

Post by gorm » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:59 pm

I brought my Diablo back last year and a truck for my son. It is vital to have the information at the border 72 hours before. DO NOT have a copy of the title, it must be the original. He ran into this with his truck and they will not let it cross. My Diablo had no title papers and both sides were great, and they did not even look at the serial number. One other thing, call the border to verify they have received your papers.

Garth in Regina

gorm

Post by gorm » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:02 pm

Just bought a 1979 Yamaha SRX 440 in Montana and the border agent gave me this great website for importing, in the bottom right corner is a USA/Canada border crossing box and it will take you to info for all the crossings. Some good info as I found the requirements between ND and MT are different.

http://www.ucanimport.com/