Grab your racoon tail hat and hold on tight

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
Barrie2777
Re: Grab your racoon tail hat and hold on tight

Post by Barrie2777 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:25 pm

In case anyone was wondering about my reference to a racoon tail hat, I will give you the history of this piece of apparel...and no we didn't run one over on our "ride". The HUS-SKI ride has been ongoing for 20 years and just for fun the riders started to wear racoon or rabbit skin hats. This event has had photos in many snowmobile newsletters and one of which came into the hands of a guy from NY state. He called me one stormy winter day just to ask if the racoon tail hat was the official hat of HUS-SKi drivers in Canada. From that day onward it has been.

Rock

Post by Rock » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:52 pm

So when should we start getting rooms for this event?
Hus-ski 200A
65 Snowbug
73 Olympique 300
71 Snow Cruiser
196? Rat Hus-ski

Rock

Post by Rock » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi all

I did a couple of calls tonight in Sarnia for some rooms. The best price that i had was $89.00 per night with 2 beds and a Kichenette . The lady has 20 rooms and she said that if we take more then 1 room it will cost us $79.00 per night + Tax . I told her the rooms would be for 2 nights on Feb 11 and 12 . I'll be calling her next week-end for my reservation. Anybody that's needs a room please let me know and i'll try to reserve your room at the same time.

Rock

PS This is the motel that i call. Pretty nice motel for that price
thegablesinn.ca
Hus-ski 200A
65 Snowbug
73 Olympique 300
71 Snow Cruiser
196? Rat Hus-ski

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:00 pm

You are jumping the gun a bit Rock as the final decision to hold the event there has not yet been made. One more week before that happens. If we do decide to hold the event, myself and the organizer will be negociating with a motel for a discounted group rate.

Red Devil 500

Post by Red Devil 500 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:48 am

Hey Guys just my 2 cents Sarnia is WAY far from Alliston I would be looking at Barrire for rooms way closer to the event.If i understand everything right?Vaughn would also be another close location. :)

Sean
502 Diablo
444 Hus Ski
1963 Autoboggen
1962 L55 Polaris
1972 Raider 290
1976 Peterbourgh 18'5ft 165
2007 Honda Rubicon 500

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:32 am

Motels are located in Alliston, the host town. No need to go anywhere else. Group rates are assured.

Snowsquall

Post by Snowsquall » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi All

I am new here. We put on the Live on Ski's event in Alliston Ontario. This will be 3rd year of putting on this ride. We have grown from 75 the first year to 150 last year. We have 400 acres to ride on. There will be groomed trails and just open fields and bush riding. I have attached a break down for the day.

In taking to Barrie, we could add a friday night social, for the event as well. There will be good rates at the local hotel as well. I will post the link to the Hotel
http://www.redpineinn.com/

Hi All.

Just letting you all know, of the date of the ride here at our place. We had 150 sleds in total that were being riden through out the day. We again will have the 660 foot radar run track, and the sled sloloam coarse, with it being times with single riders, and 4 riders at time for 4 laps.

Here is the break down for the day. Last year we did not understand the insurance requirment, we should have had everyone pay and sign the wavier, even if you have your own insurance you are required to sign for the liability. We hope this is ok with everyone.

The cost like last year will be 20$

Start time will be 8am till dark, we had riders till the sun went down last year.

Again this year there will be the 660 foot drag track, for this year there will be pylons marking the track and return routes. Please pay attention and heed the lanes for safety

After last years Sled Sloloam coarse success we are bring it back again this year. But with a twist we are going to have people who still want to run against the clock and heats of 4 for those who want to race against each other. For those who want to race against each othere there will be safey and rules for that. I will post those up soon.

Children 14 and under ride for free but parents will have to sign the wavier.

For any family who wants to go tobogging bring alone there tubes or sleds please feel free to throw them in because we have a really good hill for that.

Again this year there will be food served the day of the ride. We will have the coffee on ready to go for the early morning arrivals

We will have signs for the different parking areas this year. And we will register as you park in these areas.

So we hope you can make it our for a full day of riding, bench racing and much much more.

For those who want to come down on friday night, there is 3 places to stay, Red Pine motor Inn Alliston, Nottawasaga Inn and Resort, Motel 400. I will be seeing about getting better rates at above places.
http://www.nottawasagaresort.com/
http://www.redpineinn.com/
http://www.motel400.com/

Thanks

Shawn and Tracy