St-Jerome Snowmobile Vintage Show

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
campbell
St-Jerome Snowmobile Vintage Show

Post by campbell » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:59 pm

The count down is on, can't wait to see some Diablo's this Saturday in St-Jerome.
If anybody needs anything brought for their Diablo's or Hus Ski from the Ottawa,
Ontario way, just let me know.

P.S Hoping to see lots of RED

Jeff :)
1968 - 500 Diablo
1964 - 100D Arctic Cat
1972 - Polaris Starfire (Originally sold by my father)
1975 - Polaris Colt x 2 (Originally sold by my father)
1974 - Polaris Custom (Originally sold by my father)

Barrie2777

Re: St-Jerome Snowmobile Vintage Show

Post by Barrie2777 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:43 pm

i look forward to seeing you Jeff. I'll be there early with some beat up machines. I am bringing some sprockets and other miscellaneous HUs-SKI stuff.

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:47 am

The exhibition and flea market is over for another year. I can't give the event full marks for organization this year but it was a good day none the less. I dragged home more rust than solid metal and bought some questionable stuff . Neither of these were the highlight of the day....metting Jeff C from north of Ottawa and... YIKES!!!... Mike Knier driving 1000 miles from WI. Mike and I did some trading of parts long before the Diablo site was up and running. Meeting real people we only know as a name on the Diablo site is always the best part of these events. Mike took home some trophy hardware, maybe he found a part or two also.

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:24 pm

This is the machine I draggd home from the St Jerome show last month. It is an early model 200-A which has seen better days. It came complete with distroyed tracks, see through gas tank (no amount of gas tank sealer will fix this baby!!), absent front fender and bent handlebars. Of coarse all these delightfull features are repairable in due time. The highly desirable features which pursuaded me to bring this home was the presence of three key pieces of original equipment...1-the gas handle (findable and repairable but sure nice to have a good one) 2- the 148 recoil ( certainly findable but harder to find than a handle and only repairable if you can find those interior parts) and last but not least #3- the presence of the cast aluminum hood latch (nearly impossible to find) The sprockets are great and the seater was in terriffic condition (rusty but not perforated or bent). It did have a good hood but someone just had to buy it from me before I left the show. Who knows, maybe in a year or so I'll drive this one!!!
Attachments
200-A needs work (Small).jpg
200-A needs work (Small).jpg (93.68KiB)Viewed 2640 times