Restoration complete!

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
Toad Harbor Club
Restoration complete!

Post by Toad Harbor Club » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:51 pm

This is my 1965 444 that I restored this summer (Bruce feel free to insert my original "before" picture "Chris S. from Syracuse NY" for comparison). I hope my "after" picture shows up below:

I found this machine in a barn: metal was bent and rusty, motor siezed with carb removed, tracks and cleats in need of replacement and home to a bunch of critters.... Thanks mainly to the help found on this site (Barrie especially) and my wifes patience, I was able to replace a bunch of parts, got it purring like a kitten and looking a lot more repectable.

I sure caught the hus ski disease with this project and had a lot of fun learning the detail of these exotic basic machines.

This picture is at my camp on the north shore of Oneida lake. Had some fun running around in the grass this weekend.

My motivation was my father and uncle, who each had a couple of these when I was a little kid. My uncle kept his, and I'm looking forward to riding with him (and Dad) this winter.

Oddly enough, my other snowmobile is a 2008 arctic cat F1000 with nitrous (thats 22 miles of open lake in the background of this photo). The Hus ski should make an interesting trail mate! :D
Attachments
hus ski kids dogs Gram B 003.jpg
hus ski kids dogs Gram B 003.jpg (37.49KiB)Viewed 2605 times

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: Restoration complete!

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:11 pm

Hey Chris,

Thanks a bunch for sharing. Yes, we all get a little fever after getting involved with these unique modes of transportation. Looks like you did a great job. I say - tie it up back to back with that Ditch Pickle you have and see which one wins :lol:
ChrisS101.jpg
ChrisS101.jpg (56.19KiB)Viewed 2586 times
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Rock

Re: Restoration complete!

Post by Rock » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:14 pm

Hi Chris

You did a great job in restoring your 444. It looks really good

Take care

Rock
Hus-ski 200A