What could be better than a pair of Barrie's Skis?

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
What could be better than a pair of Barrie's Skis?

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:53 pm

What could be better than a pair of Barrie's brand spanking new skis for your Hus Ski or Diablo?
100_4474.JPG
100_4474.JPG (21.56KiB)Viewed 2027 times
I'm thinking a pair of Barrie's skis that have been fit with UHMW Polyethylene Wear Skins. Once you put them on, they should be good for life and wow do they slide! :D
100_4475.JPG
100_4475.JPG (23.81KiB)Viewed 2027 times
The process requires lots of clamps and special epoxy glues along with getting the materials which came from Crown Plastics.

[/color]
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

tweivoda

Re: What could be better than a pair of Barrie's Skis?

Post by tweivoda » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:14 pm

So Bruce, I got a new pair of skins form Barrie back in March. Are you going to be offering the skins to your good friends?

Terry,

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: What could be better than a pair of Barrie's Skis?

Post by Go Go Diablo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:38 am

The trick for many will be that buying the material and glue for a single application is expensive. However, buying in bulk like we did the last time helps bring the cost down (I say we because my buddy Tom helped me with this experiment). I can easily ship out skins, but the glue is another challenge figuring out how to ship out the right quantities and it's as expensive as the UHMW skin material.

For you Terry, the answer is simple. Bring your skis along with you when you visit later this month and I'll have another pair of Barrie's skis skinned with the UHMW and we can work out the cost difference and swap.

Good question.
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX