Bolens Diablo Rouge 50th Anniversary

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
Re: Bolens Diablo Rouge 50th Anniversary

Post by Go Go Diablo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:21 pm

The July Newsletter just went out and this was in it. Check it out!

https://youtu.be/Rn0Jpnzdpa8
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:42 am

I purchased two of these beautiful 5x5 foot banners for the Port Parade Float. We will be giving one of both of them away as door prizes at the Banquet in January:
DSC04698.JPG
DSC04698.JPG (177.3KiB)Viewed 10625 times
Wouldn't that look awesome on the wall in your shop!

See you in January!
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:21 pm

The weekend agenda of events is coming together. If you have not seen the details, go to the "Event" page at gogodiablo.com

or click here!

http://www.gogodiablo.com/?page_id=2138
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:39 am

Did you see the note in the American Snowmobiler Magazine December issue about the 50th?

http://www.amsnow.com/issues/2016/december-2016
DSC04931.JPG
DSC04931.JPG (146.26KiB)Viewed 10138 times
The January issue coming out December 1st will have an article for the event written by Les Pinz who is the Vintage Expert of the magazine. Be sure to check it out!
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:58 pm

Just a few weeks now before the January 14th weekend is upon us. People are getting their sleds ready, the Snowrunners are getting their plans ready to support the Saturday day event, a number of us are getting ready to put on an awesome banquet and so much more.

Did you see the January issue of American Snowmobiler? There was a full page article in there about the 50th Celebration.

If any of you are members of the ACSCC or ASCOA, we are looking for volunteers from each to set up an exhibit representing those clubs and promote vintage sledding and maybe obtain some new members.

There is a Friday afternoon/night ride planned for the 13th. We will leave the hotel about 3 and head over to Harbor Hills Recreational Area where we will enjoy some catered in food from Tellos, drinks and friendship. If you plan to come, the cost for food is $10/person and I would sure appreciate you letting me know you plan to come.

We have all the Hus Ski and Diablo sled models represented in the VIP Showcase for Saturday in the Park plus a few additional unique units. This part of the event is coming together very nicely.

I can't tell you all the cools things going on with the banquet unless I write a full page of stuff here. Please see the Newsletters to catch up. http://www.gogodiablo.com/?page_id=2058

Stayed tuned and let me know if you have questions.

Bruce
Groomer.JPG
Groomer.JPG (59.48KiB)Viewed 8414 times
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have been so absent from the forum these last few months. Believe me, I am spending every spare moment I have working with everyone who is working so hard to put together this incredible event.

The Port area has incurred a shortage of snow all of a sudden. A few days of rain last week, took most of the snow away. There is some fresh snow on the way, but riding on the trails may be limited. Everyone do their snow dance for us and I remain optimistic.

However, I know most of you are coming for other reasons than just to ride your sleds around. It is truly so rewarding to see it all come together.

We have a fair number of people coming to Port early to join us on the Friday Ride (or a car/truck drive) to the gathering at Harbor Hills. Tellos Mexican is putting together an excellent snack table for us. With more people coming in Friday night, it's going to be a hoot in the Critics Corner Pub after the ride.

The Saturday day event is planned. There should be plenty to eat and the weather looks good. Music, Video, Snowdogs running around, VIP Showcase Sleds (including Sprints), food, beer - Need I say more. It's going to be a great day and we hope to break the Alliston record for how many Hus Skis and Diablos we can fit in one picture.

The presenters are working hard on their presentations for the banquet. We have so many prizes to give away, I'm not sure how to squeeze all that activity in between everything else going on. The 50th Anniversary caps are made. We even have special 50th Anniversary Tee Shirts and Sweatshirts. We have over 140 people coming which is incredible, but we have room for more! We have ex-Bolens employees coming, we have the Snowdog exhibit being set up, we have the 1969-70 Diablo Prototype being brought in on Friday and more. The food, drink, and wait till you see the special cakes getting made.

I can't tell you all that is happening, but I can tell you if you miss it, you will regret it. If at the last moment you decide to come, let me know.

See everyone in a few days!
DSC05073.JPG
DSC05073.JPG (147.23KiB)Viewed 6885 times
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Hello Everyone,

After all the fun and excitement, I wanted to reach out and tell everyone what a great event we had in Port Washington.

For those that could not make it, the weekend started at Harbor Hills where we had plenty of food to eat catered in by Angle from Tello's Mexican Café. The drinks kept our whistles wet and primed a few of us to take advantage of karaoke at Critics Corner Pub afterwards.

The Saturday Event in the park was awesome. The Snowrunners Snowmobile Club planned food for almost 300 people and were already running short by late morning. But several runs to several stores kept the food and drink available through the afternoon. The VIP Hus Skis, Diablos, Prototypes and Sprints made for quite the showing of the best of the best. Those crazy Canadians were driving all over the park come snow or no snow. That Snowdog Snowmobile never stopped it seemed as the line to ride it just kept strong throughout the day. To end the day, we had a very nice group picture as I'm sure you have seen.

The Saturday Evening Banquet was quite a scene with the 50th Anniversary Diablo Rouge on the right and the 1970 Diablo Petite Prototype on the left. Multiple exhibits throughout the banquet hall made for many things to look at and talk about. The meal was out of this world and the presenters did an outstanding job. We gave away 30 door prizes and some of those prizes were incredible.

Did you see us on Facebook. The posts were flying from east to west.

In the next few weeks or months, I will gather some pictures and video and get a more formal video of the event put together.

A huge thank you to our sponsors, the SnowRunners Snowmobile Club, the presenters and my family for helping out. But also a huge Thank You to everyone who made the trip to come to the

Bolens Diablo Rouge 50th Anniversary Celebration
DSC05111.JPG
DSC05111.JPG (165.13KiB)Viewed 6745 times
Speaking of family, the Ozaukee Press caught Go Go Diablo Jr (Mike Schoblaska) on the 500 and put him on the front page. How cool is that?! :D
Yamaha 600 SX

resurrector

Post by resurrector » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:28 pm

Hello I am back on the forum again. Got away from using computers after having to many issues.
I had a great time in port w. and enjoyed meeting some new friends.
Looking forward to other Diablo & Husky get togethers in future.
Took my 503 to the show at Kearney ont on saturday. It won 1st place for best antique.
Now I have to get my 200a done, still a bunch of work to do. I believe I have all the pieces for it.

Till next time. Carl

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:15 pm

The Diablo Rouge 500 put together for the Anniversary Celebration is destined for the Top of the Lake Snowmobile Museum in Naubinway, Michigan. We had this sign made to put with the Diablo when it is shown.
DSC05136.JPG
DSC05136.JPG (141.62KiB)Viewed 6654 times
Yamaha 600 SX