9/20/10 Everybody Check In

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
9/20/10 Everybody Check In

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Hi all,

Fall starts tomorrow and not long after that - winter is here :D

Looking forward to some fun and excitement as another year of good sledding is right around the corner. I've been feeling a little lonely out here on the forum. Was hoping you all could log on and write a little something about what's been going on in your world. Would love to hear from you all.

Tonight I put the finishing touches on the Hus Ski / Diablo Map. It's all up to date. If you don't see your tack on the map, let me know. Now that the map is behind me, I can work on the website in my spare time :roll:

For me lately, it's been about restorations. I'm working on two 503's and a 500. Hope to have them all ready for the snow by December. You can follow my 503 restoration progress on the "General" tab under "Seeing a wonderful shade of Red".

Take care all and again, take a moment to check in and say hi!

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: 9/20/10 Everybody Check In

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:02 pm

Kyle sent me an email and included this picture.

Hi Bruce. My name is Kyle. I live in Kirkland Lake, Ontario. I have a 53 two piece something like prototype but has a 9hp cast briggs on it instead of the pioneer chainsaw engine.
Picture 001.jpg
Picture 001.jpg (48.07KiB)Viewed 3418 times
Anybody know anything about this?
Yamaha 600 SX

tweivoda

Post by tweivoda » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:18 pm

Bruce, The Byron Snobears snowmobile club in Byron Minnesota sponsors the Southern Minnesota Grass Drags and Swap meet each fall. The event takes place in Douglas Minnesota which is just a few miles NW of Rochester this Sunday. Its a one day event. In addition to the grass drags and swap meet they have vendor displays and an antique sled display. There are usually around 30 antique sleds on display.

If the 503 (with its finicky starter switch) cooperates I plan on having the first Diablo Rouge I've seen at the event. It would nice to have a Hus Ski beside me. So just show up on Sunday if you have a Hus Ski that needs the dust blown off.

I agree, I'm starting to get the itch. Haydays always helps, although we almost had to turn around and go home due to the traffic being backed up to Interstate 35. The only way we made it was with the help of the GPS. IT directed us to a rock/dirt road that took us within 3/4 mile of the event. We were parked by around 10:00 am. Much better than some other folks that waited 3 hours.

I will get the Ski Doo Renegades out of storage mid October and get them in for their pre-season check up. I like to be ready for that first snow in November, even if its just a few trips around the house.

fap67

Post by fap67 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:09 pm

I,ve been working on a 444, not a restoration, just fixing some odds and ends so I can drive it this winter. Bruce, when are you going to post some pics from the workshop in August and from Antigo last winter?

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:49 pm

My bad Frank,

I have those pictures, just have not made it a priority to build the web pages for them. Now that I got the map done, I'll try to get those done soon.

If anyone else has pictures of the Antigo Get Together or the Workshop, share them with me please.

Thanks all,

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:25 pm

In the Kirkland lake area there was a make of a "HUS-SKI" look a like machine. The attached phot is of a machine also from that area. It was called a Bobcat.
Attachments
bobcat (Small).jpg
bobcat (Small).jpg (85.54KiB)Viewed 3316 times

Roy Teske

Post by Roy Teske » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:43 pm

Checking in..... It's been a very busy summer. I've enjoyed following the forum. I'm starting 2 weeks holidays today. Starts with a wedding in London Ontario on Saturday. Into the deer woods back here Sunday night for a week or so. The leaves are turning quickly here , but the temperature is way to warm. I plan on brushing out some trails for this winter 's old time snowmobiling while I'm up there. If anyone would like to make a weekend run this winter, just give me a shout. Bruce . I have some more pictures of last year's run in Val Des Bois I'd like to send to you. Rare footage of in the field repairs. I'll get them to you after my vacation. Good luck everyone with your restorations.

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:22 am

Not the dreded field repairs!!!!!!1 I thought what happens on the run stays on the run.