3/14/10 Sprint & Travel Chat

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
3/14/10 Sprint & Travel Chat

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi all,

Overall not a bad weekend in Wisconsin. Although the bad news is the weather is warm and the snow is gone, I was able to do some traveling and get some cool stuff accomplished.

Started out Friday night getting up to the cabin to tap Maple Trees. That very well could be a waste of time as the warm weather came so fast this year, the sap has already ran and quit. So as not to spoil the evening, I was able to beat my buddy Tom and his kids in a lively game of Sheapshead.

Got up and left about 5:30 am and drove to the UP of Michigan. I stopped off at the Top of the Lake Snowmobile Museum in Naubenway and was wowed at the nice display offered. Marilyn offered me a tour of the vintage gems and it was great to see all the favorites along with many very very rare vintage machines. If you ever get up this way, a visit is highly recommended. After that, I drove up to Sault Ste Marie and delivered Jeannot his restored Hus Ski 444. Jeannot and his buddy Peter drove over from Quebec to get it and have probably already drove it around a bunch of miles on what snow is left in his area. Jeannot was very excited. To end the afternoon, I caught up with Wally and Kirk in SSM and we spent over an hour admiring their unique restorations and learned a few things in the process.

Today was an afternoon of taking my parents for a ride down south about an hour to visit my Aunt and Uncle down in Fredonia. The main purpose of the trip was to find what Sprint manuals they may have around and I think we hit the jackpot. I came back with multiple parts breakdowns, owners manuals and engine manuals to copy for our use. It was a good visit.

Take care all,

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX