1/15/09

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
Rock
1/15/09

Post by Rock » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi all

How's evrybody doing? Here in Kapuskasing it's been a very cold week. Today -35 and with the wind it was -45. Way too cold for skidoo-ing Hope it will change soon. Next month i'm going to get my 200a Hus-ski . It's about 12hours of driving one way. It's pretty far but don't really care as long as i'm getting my Hus-ski .

Take care all

Rock
Hus-ski 200A
65 Snowbug
73 Olympique 300
71 Snow Cruiser
196? Rat Hus-ski

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: 1/15/09

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:46 pm

Yup, it's cold here too in Wisconsin (not as cold as up in Kap, but we are wimps). Schools were closed today and they are closed again tomorrow. Lots of new members on the forum in the last few weeks. Welcome all. We have a great bunch of people contributing to this forum and it's great to see.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

devil dog

Post by devil dog » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi Rock, Mike here. That looks like a nice Hus-Ski you are getting and will be worth while I am sure. I just rebilt the carb on Lindas 200-A, drained old fuel, installed a new fuel bowl and shutoff, put a new carb insulator/spacer on and fresh fuel and the friggin thing is a little tiger! Then the exhaust broke off at the first 90 ! Dang it! But you know what-- that thing has even more power! I plan on taking another short video clip of it. We have really cold weather here too with 9" of fresh packed powder on top of 2" of crust and is perfect for Hus-Skiing! Blazed a little trail in the woods out back and it is sooo manuverable and nimble! Sorry, the Diablo could never do that although the Diablo likes to go straight down faster trails-it is much harder to turn and spins tracks uphill easier.

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:19 pm

So here is a thought for the day after hearing you say your Hus Ski has more power with the exhaust broke off: A guy told me once that 2 cycle mufflers like to get fouled up and when they do, the back pressure created reduces engine performance and I know that is true. To fix that, clamp the muffler in a vise or something that won't burn up. Using a torch with a big tip to get lots of heat (like a cutting torch), send the flame in to the muffler inlet. At the same time, blow air in from an air hose. The heat will actually turn the muffler red hot and burn out the buildup.

Crazy for sure. On another note about exhausts, I've contacted Greg Spaulding about making mufflers for us. It's not something he will get to this winter, but maybe next summer. That would be nice.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX