Who else is riding?

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
jayvee43
Who else is riding?

Post by jayvee43 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:56 am

Hi guys.

Just curious who is still viewing our posts on "Bruce's" site. (Most of us wouldn't be riding if it wasn't for this site) Yet there seems to be very little discussions. As of late. (just my observations here, not attacking anyone. ;-) )

Anyways, I will start the conversation: Yesterday I took my 500 out again, in this cold, I have the best runs this year. I leave right from my garage and drive the fields behind my property all the way trough bush lines and trough an island of fully grown trees and brushes. I even made myself a bush trail where I zig zag around a few mature trees.

I left my machine outside last night. It got as low as -28* Celsius here last night. I am looking forward to going for one more run this afternoon.

Since there is not going to be any vintage annual gatherings this winter, I was wondering who else is burning 2 strokes oil and where you ride? Some pics would be great also. In my pictures, You see my wife Nancy riding in my newest addition to my vintage fleet, it is a 1967 Snowbug. She loves it.

Until the next group gathering, stay safe my friends and make some blue smoke if you can. L.O.L.

Jesse
Attachments
21.JPG
21.JPG (173.92KiB)Viewed 1724 times
24.JPG
24.JPG (114.26KiB)Viewed 1724 times
16.JPG
16.JPG (112.77KiB)Viewed 1724 times
1971 Snowbug
1967 Diablo rouge 500

myoldhus-ski

Re: Who else is riding?

Post by myoldhus-ski » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:09 am

We had minus 40 here at 8:00 this morning. It has beencold here for the past week or more. We do not have much snow around here. ditches and bush areas have some. We had the Hus-ski out just after Christmas, riding around the horse pasture. The grand daughter wanted a ride. It was a good time. I have put a few miles on the ultra, but there are no trails open closebecause we have no snow. Hopefully next weekend will let us get out again.Jim

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: Who else is riding?

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:35 pm

Hi Everyone.

Yes, discussions on the forum have been minimal, but not surprising. It seems Facebook has become the new forum with several groups dedicated to Hus Skis and Diablos. A good place to show everyone what you have going on but not such a great place to ask technical questions.

On a supportive note, I get people asking questions about posts here on the forum quite often. If you look at how many times many of the posts have been viewed, it positive reinforcement that there is a ton of knowledge here in all these pages. Kudos to everyone of you that helped build that library of information.

As for me, the Diablo Shop has been busier than ever. We've not been riding, that usually comes in the next month for us. All of our usual events were cancelled this year, so really looking forward to things getting back to normal next year. In 2022, it's looking like we will be celebrating the Hus Ski 60th in Quebec. Barrie is preparing more details for us.

Thanks everyone,

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX