Lock down

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
jayvee43
Lock down

Post by jayvee43 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:41 am

Hi Guys.

I'm not gonna mince words here, and I will ask you as a friend. How are you fellas dealing with all this virus and lock-down?

"I'm gonna start my story first. As of today Friday 27th of March, I am still staying home and contributing to the volunteering self isolation. I am fine, I spend my days listening to the developing news, and try and stay distracted at times, but I see myself drawn back to the news. Thus making it very difficult to start or concentrate on a new project.

But, for my wife. The story is very different. My wife is told to remain at her post and receive and screen and contribute all aspects of the administration in her workplace that is a "retirement" home in the low hills of Pembroke. She comes home and without words I see the concern in her eyes. Yesterday the first case was confirmed in one of the homes in that town. 30 minutes from our house. So I don't have to tell you, I am at home right now writing this and trying to not watch so much news.

Instead I wanted to know how you guys are doing? perhaps a open chat will help.

I'm concerned if everyone feels the same

Thanks for letting me vent guys.

Jesse
1971 Snowbug
1967 Diablo rouge 500

Barrie2777

Re: Lock down

Post by Barrie2777 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:35 pm

Just staying home but im still working in my shop..lucky me. Daughter in law (nurse) just moved to coronovirus floor to work there..yikes.

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:03 am

In Wisconsin, the virus is starting to spread with several of the larger communities experiencing the communal spread of the virus. I'm lucky to live in a rural area of the state and we are doing our best to stay home and away from others.

Getting regular news updates is important, but I try and keep updated without getting fixated. An update in the morning, one at noon and another in the evening is more than enough news for me. The rest of the day, relaxing some and keeping busy too. I'd like to think it is a good time to work in the shop, but it's chilly out there this time of year, so not so much.

Take care everyone!

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Roy Teske

Post by Roy Teske » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:59 am

Hi guys
We're staying isolated here at our home with our daughter, who's immune system is compromised and our 3 year old grand-daughter. It's going to be a long haul, but we're enjoying our time together.

Jesse, my sister is a PSW working with seniors also. We need to thank all our health care workers and others out there working to keep things going in essential services. God bless them all.

I'm getting the Diablo ready for next year already. I see my front motor mount is cracked and needs to come out to be welded. Jeannot and I tried our last run into our camp last Sunday. Unfortunately the surface was too hard for his Hus-ski slides and he had to turn back. Advantage Diablo. It was almost too hard for the Diablo also, but I got enough traction to make it in and out no problem. Here is a photo showing just how hard the snow was. Til next year.
Roy
20200322_094208.jpg
20200322_094208.jpg (220.84KiB)Viewed 5734 times

husskifan

Post by husskifan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:09 pm

HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL,I TRY NOT TO WATCH READ OR LISTEN TOO MUCH TO THE NEWS JUST USE GOOD OLD FASHIONED COMMON SCENSE AND FORGE AHEAD.STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY.

Jano

Post by Jano » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:42 am

Hi all,
My wife's daycare has been closed for 2 weeks now with no end in sight. As for me, I am working everyday from home and trying to keep busy when not working. My wife is helping with that, giving me all kinds of chores.
Take care everyone and hope we all get through this safely.
Jeannot

voltswagon

Post by voltswagon » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:17 pm

Hi All, Out here in rural Maine, I'm playing ostrich, spending a lot of time in the woods, boiling sap, cutting firewood and generally ignoring the news. Common sense staying healthy (eat well, sleep well, reduce stress) is my plan. Being mostly retired, it really isn't much of a change of pace.

Also have a backlog of shop work starting with the project pictured below. Thanks to this forum, I anticipate to have an electric powered tracked utility vehicle I've dubbed the "electric mule". Tracks driven independently by electric motors. Enough battery to run a chain saw and water (sap) pump. Chassis was a 444 in rough shape.
drive axle_04_02_20.jpg
drive axle_04_02_20.jpg (31.08KiB)Viewed 5688 times
Stay well.
Attachments
axles_04_02_20.jpg
axles_04_02_20.jpg (41.51KiB)Viewed 5688 times

Igoreha74

Post by Igoreha74 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:31 pm

We also sit at home and participate in self-isolation. We monitor the situation on TV. Take care of yourself and your loved ones.
I use a translator Google

Igoreha74

Post by Igoreha74 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:32 pm

I use a translator Google