9/15/17 - Asking for a check-in

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
9/15/17 - Asking for a check-in

Post by Go Go Diablo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:55 pm

Hi Everyone!

Can you feel it? Can you see it?

The nights are cooler and the leaves are changing. Fall is here and our favorite time of year is right around the corner.

For me, summer has been unusual. I'm battling a bit of a hip issue that has been going on for about 1-1/2 years. Time will tell where that takes me, but I've been pretty inactive all summer. But a steroid shot and cooler weather must be my short term fix to improve my attitude.

I accepted a new role at work last December. I've been at the mill for 30 years now, the last 17 being a Senior Project Engineer. With this new role, I've been asked to develop a Facility Preservation position and also manage the mill's Emergency Response Team while I begin the twilight of my career. Every day is challenging but I am blessed to work with great supportive people and am proud to call the mill home.

I did manage to fix up my back-hoe that I shared earlier with everyone. I used it around the tree farm here to pull stumps and other stuff. Pretty fun unit. It goes up north to the cabin on Monday where it will spend the fall improving access to maple trees, making roads and clearing land.

I pulled the motor on the 66' Mustang and had that rebuilt. Not so funny story about that. I put a set of NGK plugs in the V-8 289. The motor has a slight miss, so I was replacing the plugs with the correct Autolite 45 plugs. When taking the plugs out, they were breaking loose very hard. I know I did not put them in that tight, but it took a good size cheater to break them loose and once broke loose, they screwed out by hand except for one :oops: The #7 plug decided to snap off. Really, it just snapped off. The hex broke right off the steel base. And unfortunately, I'm not getting that out unless I pull the motor again. Grrrrrr.

I've been evaluating my inventory a bit and decided even I have more Diablos and parts than I could ever need. So I am backing down on some things and you can see that on the Parts Page. I'm not doing any restorations this year as well. I hope to have more time to enjoy winter this year with that change.

So that has been my summer. I want to hear about yours. I know there are literally hundreds of you who read this forum each week, but there are only a small number of people who check in regularly. Let this post be my challenge to you to just reply to the post and say Hi to everyone. And if you have some stories to tell, we would all love to hear them. If you lost track of your password, send me an email at bruce@gogodiablo.com and I will reset it for you.

Come on everyone! Let's hear from you! :D

Bruce
Hus Ski-002.jpg
Hus Ski-002.jpg (16.13KiB)Viewed 3779 times
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

DAN THE MAN

Re: 9/15/17 - Asking for a check-in

Post by DAN THE MAN » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Hello Bruce.
Glad to hear from you. NICE PICTURE That was the best time I had, Good people and good food, sorry about the Canadian gaz ( generator ) Ha. Here in Manitoba I had my house for sale to move to New Brunswick closer to my Kids and grand kids no beat the house are not selling this year I guest. My 600 single track is almost ready, I have to make a brake lever for my clutch. The 200A is all paint up and look good so far wire in to do.
I working at the potatoes farm long hours half the crop left ( 1600 acres remain should be finish middle of October).

I say hello to every one and stay in touch.

DAN THE MAN
Hus Ski 200A
Hus Ski 400
Hus Ski 444
hus ski 200
Hus ski 600 twin Track
Hus ski 600 single track

GD61

Post by GD61 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Hello Bruce and Diablo / Huski enthusiasts, I just returned from a landowners - members snowmobile club party that our club puts on here in Waupaca county Wisconsin. They cook chicken and offer a potato and ear of corn for $9.00. Cans of beer $2.00. Life is good in Waupaca. Greg.

Jano

Post by Jano » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:55 am

Hi there Bruce and all.
Quiet summer for me with some fishing and a little work on the Hus Ski, but nothing serious for now. Getting reading for Bow/crossbow hunting starting this weekend. Hoping for a better winter this year with lots of snow and more riding the 444.
Hope to see many of you somewhere, sometime this winter.
Jeannot

jayvee43

Post by jayvee43 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:11 pm

Well hello Bruce and everyone.
I guess its my turn to check-in. I too have been mellow jello all summer. My wife and I just finished another great Wet and cool season at the trailer park. All winterized the RV. Now its time to listen to the roar of the 2 strokes. I'll be starting back on my 502 soon,and of course I will be posting. TTYL (that means talk later I think) ;-)

Jesse
1971 Snowbug
1967 Diablo rouge 500

wallis1924

Post by wallis1924 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:30 pm

Hello all just pulled out my huski last weekend hope everyone is doing well