A visit with Schoobytwo 8/4/08

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
devil dog
A visit with Schoobytwo 8/4/08

Post by devil dog » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:50 pm

I just had the great pleasure to meet Bruce and his son and daughter tonight. What nice people! I showed Bruce the 502 and 200-A my girlfriend and I were riding last Winter as well as future projects and parts machines in my collection.The latest one was a 500 I bought from Don Gibbons in NY last week. Earlier today I tapped 3 Diablo primary clutches and pulled one with success with one of the pullers available from Bruce as well as the borrowed 7/8" tap.The othe 2 did not need pulling but at least they are tapped for future service. Bruce also delivered some Diablo parts I needed for my 500 and 502 projects. How's that for service! I wish we could have talked longer but was still a nice visit.I would like to go to one of the gatherings some year and meet more members.I did get the pleasure of meeting Barrie Graham about 4 years ago and he showed me his collection-very impressive! He even started the chain saw prototype for me. Got some of the awesome skis too.Again too short a visit! I want to go to one of his Hus-Ski runs too some year. Oh yeah,there was a beautiful rainbow in the sky tonight-just the icing on the cake to a great day! Hope Bruce and his kids have a fun and safe rest of their tour of the East! Good night to all, Mike. 8-)

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: A visit with Schoobytwo 8/4/08

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:14 pm

Hi all,

Geez Mike, Thanks for the nice words. I too met some new friends today in Mike and Linda. It seems everywhere I go, people who are interested in this sport are the greatest people I've ever met. Thanks for the nice visit, but I agree, way too short.

For today, we started out at Barrie's house up in Arundel (pernounced "ah-run-dell" with the emphasis on the "run"), Quebec for some last minute Bolens discussions and dropping off of parts. Headed down through the US border and over to Milford, New Hampshire to see Mike and Linda. Then drove over to Stamford, Connecticut for the night. Tomorrow, off to New York via the train and subway.

Check in soon. Take care all.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Re: A visit with Schoobytwo 8/4/08

Post by Barrie2777 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:46 pm

Yes, for sure the visit was too short with Bruce. It was great to meet face to face and discover he really is a great person. It is nice to deal with people in this hobby who have integridy and work with such enthusiasm. I forgot to show him a few things. Also forgot to send some decals with him
Today I was surprised with a visit from "long lost" Randy H.from Ohio. I call him "long lost" because I thought he was coming last week but he didn't show up until today. Maybe he had more difficulty navigating our crooked roads than he admits to. Randy and I discussed every part of the Diablos from ski skags to nose caps inclusive. After visits from Bruce and Randy within a couple of days, I am begining to see "red".