Stuck in deep "Val-des-bois" snow

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
jayvee43
Stuck in deep "Val-des-bois" snow

Post by jayvee43 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:57 pm

Before the news leaks, I think I should start with the "helmet cam video" I made minutes after the incident.

Yes. I took my Diablo 500 to Val-des-bois, Quebec. I met with Roy and Jeano and Barrie. We had a blast. I have several video's that i will post later this week. But one stood above the others. THE INCIDENT :o

I thaught I would show my re-arranged front end. (I really thaught my front end tin problems were over) Bruce. Aparently I didn't know how to drive in deep snow either. But. I spent the rest of the weekend trip learning. 8-)

First the pictures, followed by the Video. Keep in mind. The snow was bottomless. This supposedly trail was not traveled on this year from the looks of it. I found a stump buried in the snow. First I fell off the trail and hit a tree on the right side, then no more than 100 meters, I hit the stump. I was P-O'd.

And this is the link to my video. I was about to die. Took me a long time to turn around and free up my machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uUtdh8XplM

Enjoy!!!
1971 Snowbug
1967 Diablo rouge 500

Jano

Re: Stuck in deep "Val-des-bois" snow

Post by Jano » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:26 am

Jessie, A good time for sure. You look and sound so beat, just like I was a few hundred feet away. The important thing is we made it out in time for diner and survived.
Great weekend cut short by a blown primary clutch on my 503. More to come on that.
Jeannot

jayvee43

Re: Stuck in deep "Val-des-bois" snow

Post by jayvee43 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:03 pm

Great weekend indeed Jeannot. I am glad to have come. I'm looking forward to my next visit. (may be a little less loose snow) But even with that, we had a splendid time. Thanks for the food as well.

Today I got at my front end damage. It is not serious. I was able to re-use everything. I pressed the bumper straight, and bent out the tins. (Thank god for simple mods) Bit of fresh paint and voila!

I also read that you got yourself a Primary clutch for your 503. That's fantastic.

I really enjoy the symplicity of these Diablo machines. I got to learn a lot about my machine and its capabilities along with my ability to steer it. (real couse on how to ride in deep snow) Thanks Roy and Barrie.

Here's a few pics of my bumper repair.

Hope to ride again with you guys soon.

Jesse
1971 Snowbug
1967 Diablo rouge 500