Two stroke oil

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
snocatpete
Two stroke oil

Post by snocatpete » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:40 pm

I was at my local auto parts store picking up some Castrol Super 2 stroke oil which is what I use in my Hus skis and Diablos and I think some other Hus ski enthusiasts use this in their machines. I picked up a case of this oil for work and when I unpacked it I realized that it had a different label on it. I immediately thought they had sold me the wrong type of oil. So I compared it to an old bottle of oil that I still had and it had all the same numbers and description and same mixture ratio so I asked my supplier to check with the reps to see if it was a different formula. As it turns out, the Castrol rep assured me that it was the exactly the same oil as the Super 2 stroke oil and they had just rebranded/relabeled it just to try and get a bigger share of the market. So I thought I would post this information for others to read.
I have included some photos of the old Super 2 stroke oil and the new T-2 US Motorcycle Oil. But again, the rep said it is the exact same oil.
Attachments
IMG_3753.jpg
IMG_3753.jpg (41.65KiB)Viewed 4350 times
IMG_3751.jpg
IMG_3751.jpg (43.74KiB)Viewed 4350 times

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: Two stroke oil

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:13 pm

Interesting Peter, Thanks for sharing.

I get so many questions about which oil to use and at what ratio to mix. There are a number of posts on this forum discussing this and it still get's people worried. I guess at a risk of blowing up a motor, it is always a valid question to ask if you do not know.

So I ask again to all you other owners out there - please snap a picture of the type of oil you use and tell us at what ratio you mix it at. It is a good topic to revisit.

Thanks all,

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX