9/5/15 Labor Day Weekend Chat

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
9/5/15 Labor Day Weekend Chat

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Hi all,

It's hard to believe it's the end of summer already. You sure would not know it with the temperatures in Wisconsin this week. It's been high 80's and high humidities all week. But next week things start to cool down with highs in the 60's.

It's been a summer of little actual Diablo work and more focused on yard improvements, family gatherings and all the tinkering with things when you own property and stuff. But I have been able to get ahead of the game a little with boosting inventory, finding some Diablo projects and getting other things done so I can focus more on the Vintage Snowmobile Hobby this fall. This fall I have two projects I would like to complete:

One is a Diablo 502 that someone started to restore but I don't really know any history about it. The red is too dark, the hood decals are on backwards and the hood and handlebars are raised high on the chassis. It has the bottom end done, but no motor. I can only presume the previous owner was going to put in something other than the original Hirth 54R.

The second project is a NOS Diablo 500. I have a chassis, hood, handlebars and various other parts to put this together. It's going to need painting, so it won't be truly NOS, but it will be made of many NOS parts.

I also have two nice Diablo 503 projects that I would like to restore before winter. That is quite a task list, but if I can get at it soon here in September, I should have some nice units to show later this November/December.

On another note, a friend gave me this Viking embroidered patch. It measures 12" across. It was awful nice of him, but I really would like it to go to someone who has a Viking. If you have a Viking and would like the patch, let me know.

Other than that, enjoy the Labor Day Weekend everyone. It's the official end of summer which means fall is here and time to start thinking about Vintage Sledding!

Bruce
DSC04064.JPG
DSC04064.JPG (162.85KiB)Viewed 3952 times
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: 9/5/15 Labor Day Weekend Chat

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:12 pm

Update - The Viking Snowmobile patch will be going to the Top of the Lake Museum in Naubinway, Michigan.

Good call Frank!
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX