Dad Chats 4/17/15

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
Dad Chats 4/17/15

Post by Go Go Diablo » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:52 pm

I always say that Daily Chatting is about anything you want to talk about (just keep it clean and constructive).

So my Dad's birthday is in April and he has been gone 5 years now. I think about him almost everyday when I'm in the shop cause he had so much influence on me throughout my life. I put together this little video. If you have met my father, you may appreciate watching it. If not, but you know me personally, you may appreciate knowing where I came from and why I am who I am today.

Thanks all,

Bruce

https://youtu.be/yrxyauDoST4
Dad.jpg
Dad.jpg (187.98KiB)Viewed 5078 times
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Peter

Re: Dad Chats 4/17/15

Post by Peter » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi! Bruce!

I did enjoy very much the VDO.of your Father memory and good moments.

I do anderstand what you feel about your Father.I call that LOVE!

I am 71 and I think about my father every day! during the day or before I close my eyes.

Like you I remember good times at hunting,fishing,cotting wood every winter ,the camp,cannoing,I mean every moments.

Bruce, after all those years,I beleive if their was more LOVE all around the worl,respect and care of others , the world will be

with les crimes and less wars.

Tanks aloth to share that LOVE with all of us.

Regards,
Peter.................... :D

tweivoda

Post by tweivoda » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:36 am

Fantastic video Bruce. I lost my dad in 2002 and think about him everyday. I wish I had spent more time with him during his later years. He served 20 years in the United States Navy and had so many amazing stories. I remember being so proud of my dad.

It sounds like you had a great life growing up and had great parents to thank for it. By the way, that Chevelle, what ever happened to it? I will bet you wish you had it back today.

Terry,

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:14 am

Hi guys,

Thank you both for the kind words.

Terry - the Chevelle had a sad ending. I sold it at a time when Eve and I were raising our three children. A father bought it for his son who was in high school. About three months later, the guy calls me up and said I must have put the engine together with issues as it blew up on his son and he was hoping I'd help him pay for the repairs. It so happens he had the car at a repair shop that I knew well. So I stopped by and what we found is the kid must have revved the engine so high, the tops of the pistons just flew apart. I had to laugh when at the same time, the kids dad showed up and we showed him the damage. He did not have much to say.

After that, I saw the Chevelle around town a few times looking pretty rough, so I suspect it found it's way to the graveyard. No worries though, I enjoyed it while I had it.
DSC03961.JPG
DSC03961.JPG (47.7KiB)Viewed 5049 times
DSC03963.JPG
DSC03963.JPG (80.14KiB)Viewed 5049 times
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX