Do you remember when? chat 1/9/15

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
HUS-SKI ED 1961
Re: Do you remember when? chat 1/9/15

Post by HUS-SKI ED 1961 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:23 pm

Sounds great, photos would be lot's of fun.

Ed

jayvee43

Post by jayvee43 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:34 am

Good news, My elderly mother has found some pics. And some of the fabrications my father had also done with some of his snowmachines.

She sent them by mail obviously, I'm just hoping they show up for the reunion in Chalk-River. would make great conversation pieces.

Later

Jesse
1971 Snowbug
1967 Diablo rouge 500

jayvee43

Post by jayvee43 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:51 am

I just realized i had not posted the pictures my mother sent me. Turns out it is not exactly what i had asked for.

You got to understand, my mom is very old and frail. I'm very fortunate to still have her. I will obviously go home this summer and dig in the boxes of old photos and negatives in hopes of finding the first two part hus-ski type of machine my father build. The one I am remembering.

However, off the ones she sent me, two of them seem relevant enough to share. These were taken before his final hus-ski looking prototype. (this was his very first design) In the picture above you can see my father "Guy" still in a suit and tie. probably just back from the church service.

In these two pictures, you can see a "pioneer chainsaw and a lot of pulleys" I don't know how fast this machine would have gone, or the complete gear ratio. But by looking at it, it looks like a series of gears and a "obvious" home made track. Single track. But a track just like the ones that were used on the early hus-ski's.

I hope you guys enjoy. There will never be another picture of this invention ever again.

These two pictures were taken in the late winter of 1961 or 62 (apparently)

This one is very blurry, it didn't scan right. too faded i guess.

and a close up of the actual mechanics of the track and drive. (sorry bout the blurs)
1971 Snowbug
1967 Diablo rouge 500

HUS-SKI ED 1961

Post by HUS-SKI ED 1961 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:11 pm

Jesse,

Very interesting photos. If you take them to Walmart you may be able to copy them and clear them up. I have done that many times.

Ed