Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
snocatpete
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Post by snocatpete » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:02 pm

I just want to wish all the followers on gogodiablo a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year or Joyeux Noel et Bonne Annee .
I have posted a picture that most of you have probably seen before off the inter web. Every time I see it, it reminds me of where I grew up in Quebec because this picture of the Hus ski has CJAD's old Bell 47 in the background. This always makes me think of growing up in Quebec as this was the radio station my mom always listened to when I was a little kid. The radio station was primarily a talk show format (from what I remember), boring as hell! And I think the host was Neil McGinty and the Weatherman was, if I remember correctly, was Bill Haldeman whose family was from Lachute. Just really like this picture with the Hus ski and the old Bell 47 - no idea what the event was or where this photo was taken but likely somewhere near Montreal.

Saw this picture and started reminiscing about Hus skis and growing up in Quebec....

Hope everyone has a safe and merry holiday.

Peter & Joan
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (282.09KiB)Viewed 2379 times

Barrie2777

Re: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Post by Barrie2777 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:14 pm

The guy behind the HUS-SKI driver was no other than hockey hall of famer and montreal Canadian legend Dickie Moore. Dickie delivered part of the eulogy for jean beliveau. Dickie owns a house where I live and has been a friend of our family for 50 years.

HUS-SKI ED 1961

Re: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Post by HUS-SKI ED 1961 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:16 pm

I believe the man leaning in the helicopter door is Rick Leckner. Former CJAD traffic reporter and now President of Maison Brison.

I flew with Rick in the CJAD Jet Ranger the afternoon that the former U.S. Pavilion at EXPO 67 caught fire. What a view.