Val Des Bois Weekend

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
Roy Teske
Val Des Bois Weekend

Post by Roy Teske » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:21 pm

Found modern snowmobilers in camp Sat. morning. When asked about the new woodstove , one replied...."had to kick the door open at 1am to lower the temperature". No worries about heat up there. Moose tracks all around the camp and out-buildings. Found a group of them in the creek bottom in front of the camp Sat. afternoon at 3pm while breaking trail. Used the old Citation to break most trails. It's the first time its done well at that job. However the motor seems to have developed some noise and vibration??? Stayed over Sat. night and made a 2 hr. trek on snow-shoes to Africa lake Sun. morning. Some kind soul had broken the trail in from the other direction for me. Thank-you! The recent thaw made snowshoeing around the lake shore difficult. No water, just small open creeks coming in from the mountain. See picture. The overnight temperatures this week of -30C+ should firm up the lake surface and shore-line. Anyone interested in joining us the week of Feb. 10th for a couple of days, just give me a shout and I can fill you in on details. Here are a couple pictures of the inside of the camp also. Roy
CS12.jpg
CS12.jpg (70.09KiB)Viewed 9151 times
2014-1-18 Camp 007.JPG
2014-1-18 Camp 007.JPG (140.53KiB)Viewed 9151 times
2014-1-18 Camp 008.JPG
2014-1-18 Camp 008.JPG (142.82KiB)Viewed 9151 times

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: Val Des Bois Weekend

Post by Go Go Diablo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:08 am

Barrie is already jabbing me that my Diablo is going to get stuck in the deep snow when we go to Val Des Bois. I may have to follow him around all weekend and bring an extra ski seater just to pick up all the parts that fall off his Hus Ski. :lol:
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:03 pm

Don't forget that all participants at Roy's must take part in the early morning start challenge. We count the number of pulls to start each machine in minus 30 weather. So far I recall a HUS-SKI doing well with three pulls. The winner goes home with a bigger smile than everyone else. It has to be a "stock" start without such aids as propane torches, ether or other things.

Rock

Post by Rock » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:20 pm

When is this happening ?
Hus-ski 200A
65 Snowbug
73 Olympique 300
71 Snow Cruiser
196? Rat Hus-ski

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:35 am

Does a single turn of the key on my electric start Diablo 503 count as one pull? If so, I might have a chance!
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Roy Teske

Post by Roy Teske » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:30 am

Bruce
Barrie usually quiets down when I open my tool box for him. As for deep snow....Jeannot joined me with his 444 to break trail in to the camp after Christmas. My Diablo led most of the way, an unusual occurance I must admit. I think it was more of a weight/H.P. ratio thing. I'll let Jeannot tell that story.

Hus-skis have the advantage for sure on cold starts. The 444s always amaze me on cold mornings.

Rock
I'm planning on going up Saturday morning Feb. 8th. Can't make it to N.H. due to illness in the family. Bruce, Barrie and Randy are supposed to arrive Sunday afternoon for supper. Let me know if and when you can join us.I need a head count for bunks and meals( 8-10 max.). So far,5 are staying over Sunday/Monday nights, leaving Tuesday morning after breakfast. Mike O'Reilly and Jeannot may join us also, but may just come for the day. There is also a motel in the village. I'll post up-dated details on Sunday or before. Last years post gives the basic directions etc.

Chalk River goes on Saturday.

Oh yes Bruce..... I think we're allowed the handi-cap of electric start. One turn of the key = one Hus-ski pull .

Keep your tracks down . Roy.

Roy Teske

Post by Roy Teske » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:59 am

Here are details on the run. Let me know if you can make it. Great day in Chalk River yesterday! I'll post some pictures later. Looking forward to seeing the GoPro videos!
Re-size.jpg
Re-size.jpg (351.09KiB)Viewed 9024 times

Jano

Post by Jano » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:54 pm

Roy as discussed yesterday, I should be there around 1800 on Sunday with a chance of being earlier. Will stay overnight until Tuesday morning. I'll call you Thursday night.

As for the starting contest, I recall being the smiling guy but not during breaking trails. Definitely a weight/HP problem and was imptressed with Roy and his Diablo. I still did break some downhill and flat part of trails but Roy is right, he was the King that day.

Can't wait to see everyone next week. Should be a great event.

Jeannot

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:28 pm

We count the revs with electric start.....or maybe give you a rope to even the field Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:25 pm

I met up with two unnamed .diablo riders and will guide them to the val des bois ride with Roy. They both brought two machines and after today's ride, they are down to two machines. I am starting to worry about them completing two more days of wilderness riding.