End of the Year Chat 3/30/13

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
End of the Year Chat 3/30/13

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:37 pm

Hello all,

The season is winding down, can you believe it? We had a great year for sledding here in Wisconsin. I heard many a sledder say this was the best year in many. The early season thaw and rain in January looked like it was going to be a bleak year on the trails. But Mother Nature had a different plan and brought plenty of snow the rest of the winter and the base established in January with the thaw was the perfect combination of ice and base to solidify the foundation for good trails the rest of the year.

Wisconsin had their public trails open till today. Although those trails officially close, there could be weeks of sledding yet on private property. The weather is to remain cool which is great for those of us who are collecting maple sap. We still have a foot of snow here where I live and up north, a generous amount more than that. We will enjoy it while we can.

For me, my best ride this year was a little jaunt we took up in Three Lakes. We met up with my son, Jeff B and his wife and rode along in a Vintage Ride that ran throughout the TL Area. The three Diablos ran without issues and we were enjoying the company of other enthusiasts.

How about the rest of you? What were your best memories of the season?

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX