2013 CHALK RIVER RUN

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
Roy Teske
2013 CHALK RIVER RUN

Post by Roy Teske » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Thanks Mary-Kay and Kevin for hosting again this year and everyone who helped out. Kevin's nephew joined us for the run all the way from the Australian desert. Now there is a temperature change! I think there were 11 or 12 riders , including 2 more Diablos. Many on the spot repairs were done, some didn't make it to the end of the day,but everyone had a great time. Larry had many candidates to chose from for the awards. Here are a few pictures. Come and join us this weekend in Val Des Bois if you can. The weather is shaping up to be perfect. Oh yes, I saw pictures of a Diablo proto-type identical to Barrie's. So now there are two. I'll see if I can get the fellow to post some pictures.
CRS4.jpg
CRS4.jpg (125.9KiB)Viewed 2813 times
Chalk River 2013 102a.jpg
Chalk River 2013 102a.jpg (91.31KiB)Viewed 2813 times
Chalk River 2013 111.JPG
Chalk River 2013 111.JPG (204.15KiB)Viewed 2813 times

blackseal17

Re: 2013 CHALK RIVER RUN

Post by blackseal17 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:56 pm

Thanks Mary-Kay and Kevin for the great event!!!!
There is nothing more enjoyable then getting out with a group of people all riding Diablos and Hus skis.... :D :D :D

Jano

Post by Jano » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Thanks Mary-Kay and Kevin for a great day. My first time for this meet and will certainly return for the next get together. Saw some old acquaintances from my high school days. Great fun and my diablo ran for the whole day thanks to Roy.
Thanks my friend and see you this weekend.

blimkijw

Post by blimkijw » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:30 pm

One of my many high lights of this years season would been on this day when my little thumper (Previous freddy bachelor award winner of 2012) got to pull Larry's 292 out of the bush when he was having reciol and carb problems in the morning, Bad combination i think everyone has been there one time or another. Like pooper said to larry, it was the fastest that machine went all day other than on the way there in the back of his truck!! Hats off and a round of applause to him for comming out on the ride and almost pulling off the "hat trick" to 3 awards !! Also keep in mind he maybe looking for a new doctor because im sure he would be against the idea of driving a hus-ski since had just recently went through surgery to one of his wrists. Now thats a dedication, although I was a little worried for him because on the way back 4 members with modded machines decide to venture back through a no man's land Hydro line. It was alot of fun for the most part other than when I made my way out front then decending down a steep part of a rock cut, it wasn't bad for me cuz i rode with the snow slide which then exposing the rocks, then with larry closely following he barely got his machine stopped at the crest of the decend then stalling his machine from the abrupt stop., then with himself holding back the machine with a bad wrist he then pulled out the recoil, Good thing Jamie "Lucky Charm' Brennan was there up top to save the day , or it coulda got real ugly if that machine woulda kept going. But going around where I went was still no easy task for the remaining 3, With Ricki Gendron now breaking trail one of his origianl ski seater skis got swallowed up by a snow covered tree. but he still made it back as if he was waterskiing in the summer on one Ski !!

As you can see in the pics of the backs of my jacket it was a Great day for riding but bad day for drinkin pints as they would turn to slush within 5 minutes

Other Honourable mentions for that day

Pete Dumaniors drifting and donut Techniques on mill lake, which ended upside down but walked away like he meant to do that!!

Myself - passing Lucky charms 292 in the outside but throwing out an upper track hoop from my tractor not knowing, or losing my #40 chain and master link in the sandpit , then finding everything and having it back together within 5 minutes

Randy lippert for experiencing his first full day of Hus-ski riding

Roy Teske - For filming and taking photos of this years ride, I cant wait to see the footage

Jamie Brennan- for making the attempt to climb a rock cut that maby only a trials bike or mountain goat may do it in the summer months

Ricki Gendron - For finding poopers Supper in no mans land, Partridge taste even better when there not shot

Larry Gendron - For Being Larry- 'A Trooper"

Kevin "Pooper" Dupuis- For hosting another great ride on his property

Lots of good laughs and memories for a life time