One quarter the Job done

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
Cory Moffat
One quarter the Job done

Post by Cory Moffat » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:50 pm

I finished up on my seater today. I thought I would share a picture. Its not show room original but its how it was when I was a kid. I cant wait to go ice fishing with it again!
Attachments
1 004.jpg
1 004.jpg (244KiB)Viewed 3141 times

Barrie2777

Re: One quarter the Job done

Post by Barrie2777 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Good looking sled Cory. What did you use for the non-slip sectiond for the skiis? This was an option offered by HUS-SKI.

Cory Moffat

Post by Cory Moffat » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:02 pm

Thanks Barrie.

The Anti slip grip tape I picked up at princess auto. I trimmed its width and rounded out the ends. Also you see I added the no slip stuff to the back of the ski's also. The grand kids are going to I had a ball standing back there. When I was a little kid I rode back there for hours in a day. That's why the raised back rest. Perfect height for a kid to hold on to and mom liked it too.

What a time I had getting the seat done. I took it to a shop here in town Called Wizard Upholstery and explained what I wanted and he said he could do it. Then asked how much.
The price sounded reasonable then he said he needed a deposit. He seemed like a nice guy and thinking I am a good judge of character I said (Hey no problem I just give you the full amount) He promised it would be done by a specified date.

Well I went in on the date it was not done. Went in again a week later still not done. He told me to come back on Monday.

I walked in on Monday and he presented me the worst job I have ever seen. He looked at me and said (You wanted a good Job. That will cost You more)

I looked at him and said I am going somewhere else he said that's Ok. .

(Felling like a fool for getting taken) I Jumped in the car and ran to another shop called Lightning Upholstery. I walked in and put the seat on the counter and everyone there started to laugh and then asked me (Who did this!!??)

Well as you can see Lightning did a nice job. And the price was the same as the first guy ripped me off for.

Well that's my rant for the day :>) Thanks again Barrie.

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Just for fun.....can you post a photo of the other seat? or have you just finished roasting marshmellows with it?

Cory Moffat

Post by Cory Moffat » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:51 pm

I should have taken a picture in hind sight.

I went to wizards today and threw it on the floor in front of him.

What can you do Eh.

Hopefully what goes around will come around