6/20/12 A Forum Drawing Chat!

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
6/20/12 A Forum Drawing Chat!

Post by Go Go Diablo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi all,

This is the time of year when many of us have relaxed from our winter hobbies, but even I need a little "Diablo" fix every now and then. So I come to the forum and know many of you are too. However, there is also little happening here too. So this is a post to encourage everyone out there to check in and if nothing else, simply say Hi to everyone.

So here is the offer:

For the next week, everyone who checks into this post and leaves a reply will be entered into a drawing for something from the gogodiablo.com website. Next Thursday, I'll draw a name from those who posted and announce the winner.

For me, it's been quiet here at home. I spent a week in Ontario fishing and now am getting ready to clear some trees on our property by the shop in hopes of building a home there next summer. As usual, I have several Diablos in the works, but find little time to work on them this time of year. We are still considering having a Hus Ski / Diablo workshop this summer or fall and should we do that, many hours will be spent getting ready for that.

Hope to hear from many of you within the next week and thanks to all of you who help make this the best website available for Hus Skis and Diablos!

Bruce
Suamico, Wisconsin
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Cory Moffat

Re: 6/20/12 A Forum Drawing Chat!

Post by Cory Moffat » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:58 am

For me the summer is the time to go great guns at my restoration projects.
I always make time for an hour a day to tinker. Painting and sandblasting is so much easier in the summer. In the winter it seems like a chore to keep the wood stove burning in the shop. However the bugs the in the summer do pose another problem to be delt with.
Last edited by Cory Moffat on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wooden ski

Post by wooden ski » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:24 am

Hey Bruce
I always drop by the site just to check it and see if anything new.Wish i could figure out how to post pics

Rick

Cooter

Post by Cooter » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi everyone! I really have nothing to do on my 400 as it was running great last winter. I mostly ran it on the trails in my land but I did take it out on the trails to our local "watering hole" and I got a lot of strange looks from the other snomobilers but all of the people I talked to thought it was cool. Hope to attend Bruces workshop this year and meet you guys. Have a great summer, Cooter :D

Cory Moffat

Post by Cory Moffat » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Yes I also stop by every day. It's a ritual of mine to have a Coffee and check for postings at a few Forums.
Let the stress melt away. :?

So Bruce how is the 444 muffler fabrication project going? Have you made any headway?

myoldhus-ski

Post by myoldhus-ski » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:40 pm

I too check the site every day, but it certainly has been quiet lately. I hope to get back to working on my 600 this summer so it is ready for snow. Pretty much down to blasting and painting stage. Jim

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Cory,

The 444 muffler hit a little snag. I believe the muffler that Peter graciously sent me is a 444 muffler, but it looks to have been modified a bit. So although it's good for understanding the internal design and construction, I'll need to find another muffler to copy so I get the angles correct. The goal is to have some made by fall.

Thanks for inquiring.

For those who have checked in to this post already, thanks. Still hoping to get a number of other replies by next week.

On the same topic, I sure there are many of you out there that visit the forum often but cannot post because you have not registered for the forum yet. Well, here is an invitation to "come join the fun!". It's easy and should you have a problem doing so, just shoot me an email at bruce@gogodiablo.com and I'll help you through the process.

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX

snocatpete

Post by snocatpete » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:17 am

Greetings to all the Hus ski and Diablo enthusiasts!
Just checking in. Summer is almost here in Alberta (not quite!) and I am still busy working on the 444 project for Joan. I also have a few other hus ski projects in the works for down the line so the fleet is constantly growing! So thanks to Barrie Graham up in Arundel for all the help and parts he has provided to me for this restoration.
Also at this time I would like to comment on the vintage photo that Bruce has posted right now. I think it is super cool too and I always love looking at vintage photos of hus skis and diablos. If anyone else has some vintage photos I would love to see them.
Hope everyone is having a great summer working on their hus skis and diablos and in closing, I would like to thank Bruce for such a fantastic website and the terrific job he does at managing it.
Three cheers for Bruce!!!
Peter and Joan in Calgary

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Thank you Peter. Could not do it without support from guys like you and the others that help.

Three Cheers for gogodiablo!!!!

While I have the spot, I should mention that there may be some of you out there that have registered in the past but lost or forgotten your log in information. If that happened, no worried my friends. Just shoot me an email and I can reset your password and get you back into the forum.

This is also a call out to many who visit the forum but are not registered. Those of us on the forum truly enjoy the casual conversation and if you don't have anything to add to some of the technical topics, the "Daily Chat" link is a place to check in to our community for everything and anything.

Who else out there will check in before Thursday???????
Yamaha 600 SX

fap67

Post by fap67 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi all, I've been doing a little Hus-ski work. I got another sleigh ready to paint. This one is for the Honda powered 444. I didn't get a chance last summer to get to the sleigh, the Honda conversion took too much time. I plan on going to the show in St. Ignace in July, I'm looking forward to meeting Barrie and seeing his Hus-ski prototype.

Have a good summer everybody.