hi fellow hus-ski owners

Daily member chats. Here is a place where you can ramble on about what ever you choose.
gendron
hi fellow hus-ski owners

Post by gendron » Mon May 05, 2008 6:44 am

I have been playing with these hus-ski's since my first 200-A hus-ski in 1984. Playing with these machines, I have released a few swear words over the years, rewinds, and carbs were mostly the causes. But, I am still having fun with them. I own 3 at the moment, 1- 444, and 2 modified 200-A's. We have a Hus-Ski Weekend every year for the past 18 years, and the last group was 14 strong. One year, Barrie has brought his prototype, and model 400 for us to view, and ride . You really haven't experienced a true hus-ski ride until you have driven a prototype.

Larry

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: hi fellow hus-ski owners

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon May 05, 2008 3:07 pm

Hello Larry,

Great to have you join the site and hear a little of your story. Lots of great people checking in here often and sharing information. Glad you are along with us.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Rock

Post by Rock » Mon May 05, 2008 7:54 pm

Hi all

We had pretty much of poor weather here in Kap. We had rain, snow, sun you name it we got it. Pretty weird weather. Anyway I had time to take the gas tank out of the 500 tonight. I need to clean it up very well. It has all kind of stuff in it. It looks like it has some rust in it. Mayby i'll bring it to somebody that knows how to give it a good clean up.

Rock
Hus-ski 200A
65 Snowbug
73 Olympique 300
71 Snow Cruiser
196? Rat Hus-ski

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon May 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Rock,

I just took several tanks into my local radiator shop. They are acid cleaning them, checking them for leaks and then sealing the inside with a coating that will not rust. It's not cheap, but it's the way to go when you have a tank that is hard to get empty and dry after each season to avoid the corrosion.

If you can't find that service near you and you are interested in a good tank, let me know. I have these tanks available if people need them. However, I would want your old one back so I can get it fixed up for the next guy.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:24 pm

Glad to hear from you Larry. Wish I had a photo to snd Bruce!!!Gruess you will need a full year to repair your machine...OOOOPS!