Rescued by a Diablo

A place to ask all your questions about Hus Skis or just a great place to spread a little of that Yellow Pride.
mike oreilly
Rescued by a Diablo

Post by mike oreilly » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:19 pm

I didn't put this on the Diablo forum because I didn't want to give them the satisfaction. But, I did want to give a big thank you to Roy Teske for pulling me out of the bush Saturday when the spark went away on my 444.

This was the maiden voyage for this machine that I picked up in '09 in Merrickville, Ontario. I spent the time since sorting out issues and Saturday headed up to Val Des Bois QC to join Roy and a few others for a great day bushwhacking around his incredible hunt camp property. It was a beautiful day with light snow falling perfect temperature and lots of fresh powder. I think that a combination of the powder and leaving the chain cover off the 444 resulted in moisture issues that eventually got to the points. Not to fear, Roy was ready! He had a tow rope and plastic toboggans on board and the Diablo was up to the task. (As promised in his info package, it's downhill on the way out to the truck, which didn't hurt).

Thanks Roy for the great hospitality and the tow. Anyone that is within range of the Buckingham area should put this event on their "must-do" list for next year. In the meantime we are looking forward to seeing everyone here in Constance Bay, Ont. on Feb. 26th for the 4th annual Old Sled Run. Details at http://www.oldsledrun.info
Now I'm off in search of the elusive spark.
Mike

Roy Teske

Re: Rescued by a Diablo

Post by Roy Teske » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:15 pm

No thanks needed Mike. I know you guys would do the same for me. Think of it as being towed out by a big red HUS-SKI and not a DIABLO. Great group, perfect weather and ideal snow conditions. I'm glad you all enjoyed the ride. This was the first extended trip for these 3 riders with their hus-skis and I'm glad I could be along. They were all beaming like a kid with a new toy. I hope we can do it all again next year. Here's a picture of the trio! Left to right: Jeannot Pilon, Francois Tassé and Mike O'Reilly
IMG_1614.JPG
IMG_1614.JPG (162.62KiB)Viewed 1717 times
Also, 3 out of 4 riders are heading to Alliston. See you there!