HUS-SKI "esque"

A place to ask all your questions about Hus Skis or just a great place to spread a little of that Yellow Pride.
Barrie2777
HUS-SKI "esque"

Post by Barrie2777 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:36 pm

Peolpe really were taken up with the HUS-SKI design. At it's time of introduction it was surely an amazing site to see. This macine was home made and powered by a HOMELITE chansaw. The drive cogs are larger than a HUS-SKI and the tracks were longer. What am I going to have to offer this guy????
Attachments
wooden HUS-SKI 3 (Small).jpg
wooden HUS-SKI 3 (Small).jpg (67.06KiB)Viewed 4236 times
wooden HUS-SKI (Small).jpg
wooden HUS-SKI (Small).jpg (63.08KiB)Viewed 4236 times

snocatpete

Re: HUS-SKI "esque"

Post by snocatpete » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi Barrie
I was going through some old postings and came across this. Were you ever able to purchase this machine? If you did, do you have any more photos you can post? dId it have a sleigh? quite different and unique for sure...

Barrie2777

Re: HUS-SKI "esque"

Post by Barrie2777 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:41 pm

This machine has a new owner but sadly it is not me. The machine was indoors when I saw it but he owner eventually put it outside to the elements. Another friend of mine ,dan, saw it and traded some work for it and three others. These machines are the story of many where the owner is enthusiastic at first but that soon diminishes and the machines become unwanted. Fortunately the wooden one is fixable and should be running next year. I have told dan to keep his shed locked.