444 Motor Mount Pan

A place to ask all your questions about Hus Skis or just a great place to spread a little of that Yellow Pride.
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
444 Motor Mount Pan

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi all,

I was asked by a 444 owner over in British Columbia who needs a couple of 444 fenders if we could reproduce the motor mounting frame assembly that welds to the top of the fender. Below are some pictures of the assembly being made. Looks like it turned out very nice.

This piece is only spot welded together and does not have the Secondary Drive Bracket, the four tabs for the handlebars, motor mount oval holes or the ball joint installed. This was made this way to control costs as much as possible and allow the purchaser to finish the assembly themselves. This piece is $190.

I doubt there is much need for a part like this as I've never seen a bad one or heard of anybody on the forum looking for one, but I thought I would share anyway. Hope you find it interesting.

Bruce
Hus Ski 444 Motor Pan 01.jpg
Hus Ski 444 Motor Pan 01.jpg (4.44KiB)Viewed 6842 times
Hus Ski 444 Motor Pan 02.jpg
Hus Ski 444 Motor Pan 02.jpg (4.28KiB)Viewed 6842 times
Hus Ski 444 Motor Pan 03.jpg
Hus Ski 444 Motor Pan 03.jpg (4.22KiB)Viewed 6842 times
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

devil dog

Re: 444 Motor Mount Pan

Post by devil dog » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:12 pm

Nice part! I have found this area badly rusted on machines that have sat outside for years without moving. It fills up with water and becomes very pitted and eventually ends up with holes in it. Often the determining factor if the machine gets parted and scrapped.

devil dog

Post by devil dog » Thu May 12, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi Bruce, would it be possible to get some of these again?

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Fri May 13, 2016 4:32 pm

Hey Mike, that is a good question.

I did check with the fabricator and he still has the pattern. The challenge with these bigger pieces is the less of a quantity they make, the more expensive they are per piece. So if I buy a number of them to keep the price down and only sell one or two, imagine the investment in inventory. If there are a few of you Hus Ski guys out there interested, shoot me an email and I will get a price put together.

Thanks for asking,

Bruce

bruce@gogodiablo.com
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

devil dog

Post by devil dog » Tue May 17, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi Bruce,Yeah, was not sure if you had any from the first run. I have half a dozen machines that need this part.As well as fenders. I did drop off a chassis to copy at a local fabricator 7 years ago and he began making some different parts. He passed away tragicly and I picked up some complete and some incomplete parts after and did not pursue another fabricator after. If there is no other interest in this part, I will see if there is another fabricator here that can do these.I will try to get in touch with you this weekend as I am super busy with job now.Thanks Bruce for all you do and an awesome site.

BillNH

Post by BillNH » Fri May 27, 2016 4:14 pm

Hey, Mike, I talked to my fabricator here, and if I can bring him one, or a pattern, he'll be glad to quote it.
By the way, the brake caliper bracket was $80 for one and $35 ea for six. He says half a dozen is usually the break point on setup cost.
Bill
Bill, 503 Diablo Rouge, 444 mongrel. 2009 Arctic Cat 570