200-A hard to start

A place to ask all your questions about Hus Skis or just a great place to spread a little of that Yellow Pride.
Barrie2777
200-A hard to start

Post by Barrie2777 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:57 pm

With three machines starting and running with general reliability, I figured it time to add my 200-A to the riders for this winter. It ran great last winter and was a reliable starter. A little gas down the carb and it started right away and off I went on a short ride (the first one should always be short). It was smoking a lot but I figured that because of the shot I gave it to initially start. I came back stopped it and tried to start it an hour later...no go. Gas down the carb...no go. Pulled the plug, checked for spark..spark there but not too strong however when I cranked it to check for spark gas spewed out the spark plug hole like ol' faithful. Five cranks and it quite spewing gas. Something in the carb had allowed the gas to continue to flow through into the cylinder. I took off all the carb plates and gaskets and found the lever arm to be very high which means no pressure to close the needle. How did this happen? With the carb dismantled and the fuel line disconnected I cranked the engine and it started and took off on me due to a very lean mix. Twenty feet later it stopped. I bent the lever arm in reassembled the carb, cranked the engine...it started and drove into the shop for a closer examination. How do these machines create their own problems?

ljhuuki

Re: 200-A hard to start

Post by ljhuuki » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:42 pm

You are right, they seem to create there own problems. As long as you are really familiar with them they are not to hard to fix , which I know you are. Between my brother and I we have 5 Hus Skies and a Diablo Rouge and it seems the warmer it is outside the more "little problems" we run into. As for the lever control arm in my experience I bend it so it is a little over the body of the carb where it lies, that has been the spot for me. I know it is suppose to be level with it but I always seem to have a little trouble with the diaphram working if it is level. Not to much winter left so enjoy what you can!