Parts Pieces and Info

A place to ask all your questions about Hus Skis or just a great place to spread a little of that Yellow Pride.
1965 Hus-Ski
Parts Pieces and Info

Post by 1965 Hus-Ski » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:59 am

I would like to put a key switch in my 600. Do I need a magneto switch seeing that all I need to do is break the ground contact , or can I use something else ? Would like to use a key instead of a toggle switch or push button kill switch. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Also I got a new set of skis made and I would like to put plastic under them instead of metal ( orginal ? ),any info on this would also help.
Does any one have a good picture of a 600 dash? Would like to know what everything was labeled at seeing that the serial number is a decal on dash I probally need to replace whole dash decal.
Thanks.
One piece at a time

myoldhus-ski

Re: Parts Pieces and Info

Post by myoldhus-ski » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:23 am

Hello: Any switch will do. As you say all you are doing is breaking the circuit. For the skis get in touch with Bruce. He put plastic on the bottom of mine. The dash decal is part of the decal set that I got from Barrie. Good luck. Jim

Note - this post content was modified by Bruce 10/6/15

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:58 am

A little more about that key switch - any two pole switch with the poles closed (have conductivity) when the switch is off and open (no conductivity) when the switch is on. If you cannot find a switch, I have them for $25/each.

Regarding skis, they would originally come bare on the bottom with a steel quarter-round oval runner riveted through the ski. I am able to adhere the Durasurf wear skins to the bottom of clean skis for $125/pair. I can supply runners too if needed.

Hope that helps,

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:53 pm

The 600 came with a key switch and not a kill button. I have dash decals here all the time.