Hus Ski 600

A place to ask all your questions about Hus Skis or just a great place to spread a little of that Yellow Pride.
oldsledz
Hus Ski 600

Post by oldsledz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:24 pm

I got this Hus Ski 600 twin track at the National show last weekend, and hope to have it ready to ride by winter.

What carb should it have? someone put a Mikuni on it. I am going to need a top sprocket , but someone that was at the show may have a extra one on a parts sled that he will send to me. Someone had put new tracks on the sled before I got it, is there a way to adjust the tracks side to side at the back of the sled, the nylon cleats seem to rub on the tunel. They stick out from the track some so I may need to trim them. Thanks for any info you can give me.

myoldhus-ski

Re: Hus Ski 600

Post by myoldhus-ski » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi there: Welcome. The sprockets are fixed to the shafts and they control side to side movement. I see there are also some bogie wheels on yours. I don't think they are original. Regarding the top sprocket, I lost mine years ago. I had a new jack shaft made that a regular sprocket with a key will fit. Mine is a 9 tooth 5/8 bore sprocket. If you need skis Contact Barrie Graham. I got a set from him and then had Bruce put Dura slide on them. Keep us informed how things are going. Jim Warburton

Barrie2777

Re: Hus Ski 600

Post by Barrie2777 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:01 pm

Your machine looks to be in good condition. Fiberglass repair is always needed with these machines. It needs a 186A Tillotson carb just like the 444 and 400 models. The belting should be wider than the cleats by about 1\4".