TLC for wooden skiis

A place to ask all your questions about Hus Skis or just a great place to spread a little of that Yellow Pride.
Barrie2777
TLC for wooden skiis

Post by Barrie2777 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:19 am

There is no way to avoid the some cracking of wooden skiis if they are exposed to the rigours of winter. The skiis I have on my 400 did develope cracks in places such as the trailing end and on the top through the curve. I concider
this normal for wood exposed to the elements. For these cracks I filled them with epoxy and refinished the skiis but this was after about 8 years of driving. The skiis still look like new on the top but have developed some very nice wear on the bottom. I will be refinishing the bottoms again this summer. The bottom surface needs more frequent TLC than the top. Although my skiis are exposed outside to the entire winter, if rain is forcasted I bring in my machines. I never let them sit in water or melting snow. If you bring your seater into a heated environment, be sure to elevate one end of the ski so that melting snow will run off and not pool on the wood.

stowester

Re: TLC for wooden skiis

Post by stowester » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:22 pm

Good advice Barrie, I'm sure mine is sitting in pool of water :oops:
I'll raise one end asap

Dean