Hus ski quality control

A place to ask all your questions about Hus Skis or just a great place to spread a little of that Yellow Pride.
snocatpete
Hus ski quality control

Post by snocatpete » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:56 am

I was out in the shop this morning installing new skids on my hus ski 200A. I installed the first one and checked the alignment between the front and rear sprockets and was right on centre. So I moved on to the second one and again installing in the original mounting holes then checked alignment and to my surprise the skid was a good ¾” off alignment with the front sprocket. Further investigation in what the problem was, I found the drilling of the mounting hole in the frame was off centre. Easy fix – I redrilled and reinstalled skid and alignment is good. I also compared skids – the new one to the old one to check and see if they compensated by drilling a hole off centre in the skid. Not the case, the hole was dead centre of the old skid which meant the skid was always out of alignment.
This is just a curious observation and I wondered if anyone else had seen this. I also think it is good to have everything is in alignment. I am not sure if being off alignment would have an effect on driveability or track wear or anything else or no effect at all...
I have included some photos.
Attachments
006.JPG
006.JPG (144.11KiB)Viewed 6660 times
005.JPG
005.JPG (139.98KiB)Viewed 6660 times
004.JPG
004.JPG (149.61KiB)Viewed 6660 times

wallis1924

Re: Hus ski quality control

Post by wallis1924 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:51 pm

yes i had the same problem on my hus ski when i put new sliders on mine all i could do is mark the center of the hole and then drilled them to fit i used a orginal slider i had for a patteren and it would not line up to the holes in the other huski they must have been made for different each hus ski