Just when you think you have seen everything

A place to ask all your questions about Hus Skis or just a great place to spread a little of that Yellow Pride.
Barrie2777
Just when you think you have seen everything

Post by Barrie2777 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:14 pm

I drove this machine four years ago in the Chalk River ride but have not touched it since. Unfortunately, it has also remained outside since then due to lack of interior space. Tonight I decided to move it into the new garage. I went out to the machine and squirted some carb cleaner down the carb and cranked it ....the engine fired. I then took the carb apart to ensure the needle wasn't stuck and the diaphram was good. I drained some gas from the tank then reattached the fuel line. With gas down the carb and full throttle, the engine eventually ran. I put on a new belt and drove it into my garage. The only quirk to this tail was that the recoil was misbehaving...surprise, surpeise!!! With a wiggle of the cable it would go back in but eventually it stuck out for good. With fear of having to rebuild the recoil I gingerly took it off the engine and removed the top interior plate. As I removed the last screw, it began to rotate. This is not normal. Everything should snap right back in , causing me to loose my grip, resulting in springs and cups flying into the tall grass, never to be found again. Once I got the top plate completely off, I found a cup jammed against the dog. This wasn't a cup that had come out of position, it was an extra one that had been bouncing around in that recoil for decades. This recoil used to work pretty good but you should see it now. WOW
Attachments
444 road runner hus-ski.jpg
444 road runner hus-ski.jpg (148.93KiB)Viewed 2018 times

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: Just when you think you have seen everything

Post by Go Go Diablo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:41 pm

Does it have a good brake? You might need it for the Africa Lake trail! :D
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX