Wow its got motor mounts

A place to ask all your questions about Hus Skis or just a great place to spread a little of that Yellow Pride.
Cory Moffat
Wow its got motor mounts

Post by Cory Moffat » Fri May 25, 2012 11:09 pm

Got the mounts in place tonight. Thanks Barrie fit perfect. Did a 1/2 inch lift to the fender as people talked about in previous posts.
There is a little wave in the fender but that does not bother me. Gives it an image of its own.
The Front and back wheels are blasted painted with new bearings. I will get them on sometime. No rush.
Finished sandblasting the handlebar assembly tonight and re welding the broken welds. Now just waiting for a new side screen to arrive then its time to paint.

Well may as well start on the hood.
Attachments
mounts installed shrunk.jpg
mounts installed shrunk.jpg (52.25KiB)Viewed 4973 times

Jano

Re: Wow its got motor mounts

Post by Jano » Mon May 28, 2012 9:14 am

Looks good, You won't regret the 1/2 in raise. I did it to mine last year and it is so much better. No more slapping and all kinds of noise. No change on the handling also.
Jano

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon May 28, 2012 11:25 am

Looks awesome! :D
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

fap67

Post by fap67 » Mon May 28, 2012 8:03 pm

It really looks nice. I wish that I would have remembered to put a 1/2'' lift on my last project. I forgot all about it until after I had it welded back together.

Cory Moffat

Post by Cory Moffat » Wed May 30, 2012 1:06 am

Thanks

I put the wheels and axles under it yesterday. I am impressed on how close the axles fit in to the frame rails. They did know what they were doing when they made thease things.
The hood is all sand blasted. The fitting of the hood scoop screen has proved to be a little tricky. Hindsight is all ways so clear. I may just be ordering another from Barrie. However all is not lost yet. I was grinding down a bunch or bronze build up and I went too far !!!!! I need to be more carefull. Well at least the old fender is the right thickness for a patch panel. :) More welding and hammering/grinding. I don't like body fillers. So tomorrow is another day.

fap67

Post by fap67 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:57 pm

If you measure the space between the 2 front sprockets and the space between the 2 rear ones, the front ones are probably farther apart. All my 444's are or were like this. On my last project, I cut the flanges off of the front axle and moved them so the sprockets are spaced the same as the rear ones. My main reason for doing this is so the sprockets have better clearance next to the frame rails. Like you said, there isn't much room there.

Cory Moffat

Post by Cory Moffat » Wed May 30, 2012 7:07 pm

So Fap while I got your attention here do you have any tricks on bending the screen for the hood scoop. :?:
I kinda messed this one up so I only good for practicing with. I will never be perfect now.
When I get the next one from Barrie maybe I will have better luck with some fresh ideas.

fap67

Post by fap67 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:18 pm

I can't help with that one. They give me problems too. Maybe Barrie or somebody else will have some ideas.

devil dog

Post by devil dog » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:31 pm

Mabe try heating the screen with a torch and it should mold a lot easier than doing it cold. I have an original that actually is two pieces and the seam front and center :? This is unusual though.

fap67

Post by fap67 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:56 pm

All my 444's with original screens are the 2 piece style. On the next one that I replace, I think I will try a 2 piece one. On the 2 that I have replaced so far, I did a 1 piece style and I didn't care for the way they turned out, although I'm probably the only one that notices them.