New rings, gaskets and seals

A place to ask all your questions about Hus Skis or just a great place to spread a little of that Yellow Pride.
Trailrider
New rings, gaskets and seals

Post by Trailrider » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:35 am

Would anyone happen to know where I can get the parts to freshen up an engine. I have seen where they can be purchased on Ebay overseas, but I also noticed another post where it sounds like they may have been obtained more locally . Maybe even OEM?

Appreciate any information, thanks Neil

Barrie2777

Re: New rings, gaskets and seals

Post by Barrie2777 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:05 am

The guy from Greece delivers as fast as anywhere locally but skiroule Pete in Ontario has OEM parts. I do not have his email but it is somewhere on this site.

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:18 am

Peter's contact information is:

Purych, Peter ppurych@onlink.net Blind River, Ontario 705-356-7928
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Trailrider

Post by Trailrider » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:27 am

Thanks Bruce and Barrie, after reading through the old posts I found his name/number and I have a call in to him.

Appreciate your help every time!!

Trailrider

Post by Trailrider » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:54 am

Schoobytwo (Bruce) wrote:Peter's contact information is:

Purych, Peter ppurych@onlink.net Blind River, Ontario 705-356-7928
I have emailed and left a message for him, but have not heard back at this point. Would anyone happen to be friends with him that could check to see if he got my messages?
Failing that, are there any other North American sources left for these parts?

cheers neil

fap67

Post by fap67 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:34 pm

I can't help you with Skiroule Pete, but I will say the guy in Greece is very good to buy from and the parts look to be good quality. After all it isn't like a JLO engine was USA built, then I'd be a little leary about overseas stuff. Just my opinion.

Trailrider

Post by Trailrider » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks fap67, I might just have to get over my apprehension and bite the bullet.
I'm still hoping to be able to get some numbers from the crank seals as I expect the bearing suppliers should be able to match them up.

cheers neil

fap67

Post by fap67 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:05 pm

If you come up with some seal numbers, please post the info. I have never checked on seals, I've only had to replace one and I had a nos one that I used. Thanks

JeffC

Post by JeffC » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:57 pm

Do you have a NAPA parts store?
There seal # 7918
If you cant get them let me know

Trailrider

Post by Trailrider » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:16 am

Thanks a bunch jeffc.
I don't have a Napa in my town but I do have a Car Quest. They cross referenced the Napa part number, but there was only one available at the warehouse so they ordered for me. Will see what I get when I pick them up later today.

I'm going to need a bunch of them as I have been able to find a number of Hus Ski's and engines that haven't run in 20+ years and I can't imagine the seals still being serviceable.

Would you happen to know if the 152 and the 252 seals are the same part numbers?

It looks like a company by the name of Meteor in Greece makes the aftermarket pistons and rings. There are a number of CDN and US companies that carry the Meteor piston product line, but only for specific chainsaw/lawn equipment type engines. So far no luck finding one of these companies that can order the 152 and 252 top ends through their established relationship with Meteor.

Would anyone happen to know the Meteor part numbers for pistons/rings, or gaskets?

cheers neil