200A Clutch Help

A place to ask all your questions about Hus Skis or just a great place to spread a little of that Yellow Pride.
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
200A Clutch Help

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:35 am

Hi all,

I got this request from Bill L in Norway, Wisconsin today. Bill has a 200A. Can anyone answer this question?

I need info on adjusting the clutch. The driven clutch has a spring that controls the tension on the movable clutch disc. On my rig, the adjustable portion has a saw cut through the threaded portion perpendicular to the shaft. The end of the housing is tapped and has a small set screw that I assume is intended to lock the adjustment in position. Unfortunately, I cannot get the set screw tight enough to hols the adjustment.

When I operate the clutch, the adjustable portion screws down tight. I assume this is not right.

Any suggestions on clutch adjustment and how to lock it in position? Any help you can offer will be most appreciated.
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Re: 200A Clutch Help

Post by Barrie2777 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:57 pm

I have never given that set screw any thought but some how I doubt that it could exert enough sideways pressure on the fine threads of the post, to hold against the forces of the clutch. I am guessing that your spring is incorrect. When removed from the clutch , the spring is about 8 inches high making it very difficult to install the retaining cup. Does your machine advance when you feed fuel? or does it sit in place until the clutch spins in, then takes off?