Handlebar lever pins and covers?

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
Handlebar lever pins and covers?

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm

Has anyone found a resource to get the chrome pin and cover nut that hold the chrome handles onto the handlebars?

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Re: Handlebar lever pins and covers?

Post by Barrie2777 » Sat May 17, 2008 10:27 am

I want to know how to remove the pin. On the 503 I just took apart, the pin is tight but I'm guessing...just rusted into where it passes through the handle. Should it not just pull out easily?

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun May 18, 2008 3:49 pm

Yup, it should be lubricated and pull out easily. However, they rust up and soon after, rotate with the handles. Then the only thing I know to do is grab them with a Vise Grip and turn them till they come out. Unfortunately, that's how they get all busted up.

That's why I'm trying to locate new for everyone.

Also, I'll be checking on some places to get some handles re-chromed. Does anyone work in a chrome shop that could offer some assistance?

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Update 8/28/08 - Some guys are just plain lucky. :lol:

Our good friend Barrie found some brand new pins. He writes:

The full story is that we stopped for directions at a general store in an obscure town in Maine or New Hampshire (I'm not
sure). The general store was attached to a hardware store which had a huge bolt section. I do feel that it is what was used
for the Diablo handles because it was described as a "handle rivet". The finish may be nickle but probably not zinc.
In my haste (I don't know why because I was on vacation) I did not think to ask about getting more. I do hope I have solved
part of the pin problem. Now we just need those acorn caps!

Who would have thought that this mysterious pin would have been a rivet. I've recently gotten in contact with Hanson Rivet and will be trying to identify the part. Initial contacts have been encouraging. I'll let everyone know if we have success.

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:04 pm

Although we do not have a direct match, we now have stainless steel rivet pins and the underside caps available for the handles. See the "Chassis" tab of the web site for more information.

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:06 pm

Does somebody have a 503 with what they believe is the original thumb throttle pin and decorative cap on the underside of the handlebar? I'd like to get a picture of it.

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX