Diablo Rouge Track Blow-Out

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
devil dog
Re: Diablo Rouge Track Blow-Out

Post by devil dog » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:15 pm

Wow, my guess is that the inner lacer wore out first, then progressed to the 3 cleats busting through the washers, then the violent rubber rip. May have have happened over some time till the end. May I say it all happened so gracefully, you probobly could have kept going and nobody would have even noticed? A doner track section of like a foot long,plus a couple sets of Bruce's stainless lacers,rods,and rivets,its all good.Fix them, Run them till they break and look cool and have lots of fun all the way.Fix them. Then run the s@#t out of them again and have even more fun! Sweet!

mike oreilly

Post by mike oreilly » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:25 am

Ah yes, it is so easy to be critical when you weren't out there on that ice, vibrating your way to Quyon on 40 year old tracks, etc. In all seriousness, Barrie, I hope that next year you can join us in Constance Bay for the run to Quyon.
With Barrie's post, the gauntlet has been thrown down. But remember, he who laughs last...gets towed home by Roy??
Mike

devil dog

Post by devil dog » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:47 am

What can I say? Posting pics and videos like that is like dangling a carrot in front of a hungry horse. Barrie just cant resist! Then I cant resist making Barrie grin by stirring the coals a little. :)

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:02 pm

I will some day go on the Constance Bay ride but with all that ice I think I'll vibrate my rear molers out of position by riding a HUS-SKI. It might be better for me to ride a "red" machine but I'm not sure I can take the "riding" if you catch my meaning.

devil dog

Post by devil dog » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:55 pm

Those flat, hard conditions would lend themselves to a 600 single track perhaps? Either way you will end the day with one track. Or were you hinting that one of your Sprints would be appropriate? Sorry, all in good fun! we are all on the same team. :mrgreen: