Diablo 503 Voltage Regulator

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
Diablo 503 Voltage Regulator

Post by Go Go Diablo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi all,

I've been struggling a bit finding a replacement Voltage Regulator for our Diablos. The original regulators are Bosch 0 197 012 001. I bought a 0 192 062 007 with the guarantee that it was a direct replacement. That was not the case. Even going back through chat discussions, I continue to get the same response.

However, the original regulator has three terminals all of which are insulated from the regulator outer steel case. This component is mounted direct to the sled chassis with no insulation.

The suggested replacement also has three terminals like the original, but one tab is direct connected to the component's outer case. So when you bolt it to the chassis and hook up the "hot" wires to it, it goes poof :evil:

I suppose we can figure out a way to insulate the regulator case, but it would sure be better to find the correct replacement.

A little help?
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Re: Diablo 503 Voltage Regulator

Post by Barrie2777 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:56 pm

WHat is that regulator off of? How could any live wire be directly connected to the case where it is bolted to the frame without insulation?

gorm

Post by gorm » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:14 pm

I am not sure what type you are dealing with but maybe it needs to be on an insulated base. do you have a wiring diagram?

Garth in Regina

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:49 pm

I hear people use these in Volkswagons. Garth, I thought the same as you - that maybe it goes into an insulated base.

Looks like I have more work to do to figure out an option for this mystery.
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX