Bolens Dealers list

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
gorm
Bolens Dealers list

Post by gorm » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:04 am

Bruce

I was wondering if you had a listing for the dealers that used to sell Bolens in Saskatchewan. I am sure it would have been mostly farm dealers. I was thinking a person could snoop around some of these towns and see what you could find.

Garth in Regina

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: Bolens Dealers list

Post by Go Go Diablo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:40 pm

I do not. But I think you are right on the money about old inventory sitting in warehouses somewhere. Like Barrie always says, the part you search for is out there, its just a matter of finding it.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

JeffC

Post by JeffC » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:37 pm

SLED AND PARTS HUNTING 101

I learned to wear a Diablo or Hus-Ski hat or shirt all the time,
Take your sled to as many shows as you can, people will talk about there neighbor or a friend who has one, get there name and number then call them.
Print out a photo of you sled on index cards with your name and phone number on them. You will need them to give out.
Look at other peoples sleds, a lot of them have the dealer that sold it new sticker on them. Wright it down and try to call or go to the building. I scored a lot of N.O.S. parts and books this way and got original paint code.
Put a Diablo or Hus-Ski decal on your truck window.

All of this works great for me
Jeff

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:22 am

Jeff,

Those are great suggestions. You are so creative my friend. Your decal on the truck suggestion works for me. I had some anxiety about sticking a big decal to the side of my truck, so I made a magnetic decal. The vinyl decal over the magnetic base material did not work out great, but it got the point across. It is amazing how many people look at it.
100_4963.JPG
100_4963.JPG (28KiB)Viewed 4026 times
In the near future, I expect to have Hus Ski and Diablo logos professionally put on magnetic base and they will be available for sale.

Back to the original question, it would be neat to build a list of Dealers from the past and I would offer to do that. If you know of a dealer from back in the day, email me this information and I'll begin the process.
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

HUS-SKI ED 1961

Post by HUS-SKI ED 1961 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Machines everywhere in Canada and the U.S. were sold to distributors. Distributors then sold them to their dealers.
When Bolen's bought the company we did not dump the Hus-Ski dealers and the distributor organization if they were good.
In Sask. I believe we sold to a farm supply distributor in Regina. I wish I could remember the name because I made a special trip to race in a race in Regina.
The race was cancelled because the temperature was -60F. I left and travelled with one of their salesman to Prince Albert on Monday morning.
It was still -60 in PA and most people left their trucks or carrs running all night. My guide plugged his truck in and it started the next morning.
If you did not warm it up for an hour and jumped in then the vinyl saets would shatter like glass. We left in a convoy so everyone could help each other.
All this was new to a young guy from Montreal.
If you really want to research this then check the ? Regina Leader Post ? did I remember the name? For the weekend after the coldest day on record. The race was run that weekend without me and the Bolen's Distributors name may have been mentioned.
Don't forget that Bolen's did not sell farm equipment.
They (we) sold very very high quality lawn and garden equipmen. Our largest tractor was a 10 HP. model.
If you find out some names let me know. As soon as I see the name I will know.
Ed

wallis1924

Post by wallis1924 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:24 pm

i know that thier was a hus ski dealer in wayburn sask elmers services he sold dodge cars for a while and sold hus ski snomobiles where the mall is now located
i have a 444 hus ski with the avo dealer name on it shure would be cool to make a list of the dealers in manitoba and sask :D