Paint Code

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
gorm
Paint Code

Post by gorm » Mon May 31, 2010 10:41 am

Hello Everyone

I have seen the discusssion on the board before but what is the best paint code for the red on the 502? I have some made up that I used on my nose cone, but i think it has too much orange. Help woold be appreciated. Is there a code for the white as well? Thanks.

Garth in Regina

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: Paint Code

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon May 31, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi Garth,

The red paint code has burned me too. When I thought I had it right and shared it with others, again we got burned. As I understand, the color red is one of the hardest to match due to all the pigments needed to make red.

This is what I tell people. See the attached photo of the paint I've been using. It is as true to the Diablo red as I think anyone can find. It is also a standard color mixed at the factory so it will always be the same. You should be able to ask for it at your paint store.

Regarding the white, I just use a standard white that matches the new Nacelle Covers we have make. I do not know that paint code off the top of my bald head, but can get it later for you if you still need it.

Bruce
100_4553.JPG
100_4553.JPG (347.75KiB)Viewed 3596 times
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

gorm

Post by gorm » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Thanks Bruce. I appreciate it.

Garth

gorm

Post by gorm » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:33 pm

I called a couple shops and they could not match up the number. It may be just a U.S. number???

Garth

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Geez. That's just crazy. It might be a US / Canada thing. I'd suggest the next step is to get a hold of Barrie as he just painted his Diablos and I'm sure he would not have settled for anything less than the best match of red. As much as he curses the Red Devils, I know deep down he has a streak of red blood running through his veins.

Barrie might be out for a few days at a show. Let's see if he answers this call when he gets back.

If nothing else, I could see what it would take to send you a gallon in the mail. But lets try Barrie first.
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX