No gas to carb

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
chocolatecoco
No gas to carb

Post by chocolatecoco » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:32 pm

Last week we rode our Diablo and it ran great. Tonight I went to start it up and there is no gas going to the carb. I sprayed some gas into it and it started for about 5 seconds but no gas comes up through the gas line. I should add that the fitting at the bottom of the gas tank is loose but there is no gas coming out of it. Is this a carb problem? Any help would be great. We don't get much snow and my wife and I would like to get another ride in before all the snow is gone.
Doug

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: No gas to carb

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:40 pm

Hi Doug,

I just had the same problem last weekend. My problem was that the needle was stuck in the seat. While on the engine, I just removed the 6 or 7 screws that hold the diaphragm section on. Then popped the needle loose and everything was fine. It's something easy to try.

If you know the needle is not stuck, then I would think the problem is in the diaphragms or in the pulse line to the motor.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:55 pm

"...the fitting at the bottom of the gas tank is loose but there is no gas coming out of it." If no gas is coming out of the fitting on the bottom of the tank I would guess it is plugged with rust. I am a little confused withthe "loose " description since the fittings on Diablo tanks are rigid, welded to the tank.

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:51 am

Barrie,

That is a good observation. You remind us again, think basic and simple first.
Yamaha 600 SX

chocolatecoco

Post by chocolatecoco » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Bruce,
I am not sure if the needle was stuck but I did take all the screws out and pushed on the needle, plus sprayed a little carb cleaner on it. I put it back together, turned the key and it started right up!!! Thank you so much for the help and thanks to the other members for also tryign to help out.
My wife and I where very depressed about it not starting the other night. First we had way too much snow to ride any sled. Then with working fulltime, we do not get to ride through the week and it started to melt quickly. So this is why we really wanted to ride the Diablo. We hardly get enough of snow to ride any sled here and we wanted to take advantage of the snow we have now.
All I can say is we both love this thing!! I would really like to have a Hus-Ski next to the Diablo some day.
Thanks again for the help and I have put a link at the bottom for 2 videos we just put on youtube tonight. One with my wife riding and another video with me riding.
Doug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-c1IrbYseg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxzLJBn10wI

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:23 pm

That was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P
Yamaha 600 SX