Tracks

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
vmaxx4
Tracks

Post by vmaxx4 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:36 pm

Hi guys

Just started disassembly of the 500 I just bought. One of the tracks has quite an aggressive "warp" to it. Anyone seen this before? Any thoughts on trying to getting this straight again?

Thanks....Mark.

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: Tracks

Post by Go Go Diablo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:03 pm

Hi Mark,

Yes I've seen tracks that get warped or twisted way too often. I'm not really sure what causes it. It could be that they take a set when they sit for a long time or maybe one side sees the sun and the other is in the shade and rubber gets effected differently. Finding a straight pair and then get them to be the same length can be a challenge sometimes.

You might want to try something like putting a 2x8 on it and put something heavy on it. Then try and pull the tracks straight while under pressure to hold them in place once you get them moved. Then wait a few days and see if they improve. Just a thought. Never tried it, but if you can't match up a pair, it may avoid you buying another set.

I see your 500 chassis is pretty rusted and may have some modifications made to it. If that chassis is questionable, I have some 500 chassis that are in pretty good shape. You can email me or call me if you want to discuss further.

Good start my friend. Another 500 brought back from the grave yard. Good Job! :P

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

vmaxx4

Re: Tracks

Post by vmaxx4 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:20 pm

Thanks Bruce, I have some ideas that I am going to try. I have a total of 7 tracks to chose from so I think I'll be ok for now. Yes the 500 is the worst of my chassis. I just picked up the other 503's last night and have found a Hirth 56 R3 motor (I'll have to rotate the cylinder and piston 180 degrees),that I am going to use for now until I can locate a 191. I am going to consentrate on getting one of the 503's running for this year, as I also have 2 Boa-ski's torn down and in the works right now as well.