grease fittings

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
Barrie2777
grease fittings

Post by Barrie2777 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:08 pm

I went to my last remaining , unrestored Diablo model 502(last fall acquisition) to examine the cogs for possible assembly onto my original condition model 500. Low and behold, the drive sprockets were almost new. After the tracks were removed I discovered that all the boggie stations had grease fittings. I know that there has been a lot of discussion about installing them, but has it ever been determined if grease fittings were ever an original detail.

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: grease fittings

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:43 pm

I've seen NOS bogies and they have a single grease zerk installed off center on the shaft. They were pressed in fittings with no weld or solder, so if you had a grease gun with a tight fit on to the zerk, you pulled the zerk off.

I don't think the bogies with the zerks came with any of the Diablos from the factory. I believe they were available afterwords as a purchased replacement part.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Re: grease fittings

Post by Barrie2777 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:08 pm

Maybe these were replaced and that is why they are in such good condition. The rest of this machine is bent, broken, twisted, reinforced and certainly something you wouldn't look twice at but the cogs are near mint and the boggies are terriffic. The tracks are equally as good. I am going to pull them off and use the boggies on my "driver " machine.