Motor mounts

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
matt collins
Motor mounts

Post by matt collins » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:31 am

How thick are the motor mounts? Mine are completely gone. I think I can match them up with something if I know the thickness.

Matt

cdnprairie

Re: Motor mounts

Post by cdnprairie » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:45 am

Hi Matt,
I think Bruce had indicated that the motor mounts were avaiable from Grainger, If you check on the site under 500 and 502 motors, there is a link to Grainger. Ken

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:55 pm

Excellent! See, I don't even need to be around. Lots of people have the answers. Thanks for helping Ken.

On the site is information from Grainger and McMaster Carr. You can get the size of the mounts on-line and order them too.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:22 pm

The motor mounts for Diablos are called sandwich mounts and are sold by many firms including LORD Corporation in the uS and RPM mechanical in Burlington, Ontario. I have bought several sets with the only difference being that the protruding threaded bolt is 3/8" and not 5/16". This is a simple problem. I also believe that the new mounts may have a higher pound rating than the old ones...the rubber is harder.